TT specific saddle

Rod11
Rod11 Posts: 293
edited May 2012 in Road buying advice
I'm starting to do a couple of time trials and I'm using my road bike with clip ons but I just can't get comfy on the saddle. If I'm honest, I'm not exactly comfy just in the drops anyway (I am quite tall so do have a fair saddle to bar drop), it's ok for a short while but quite quickly start going numb! So I'm thinking along the lines of a tt specific saddle that I could just use all the time? Not sure what they're like for general use(?), but certainly I need something different for tts, even a road saddle with a comfy nose. I've been using a specialized avatar and more recently a fizik arione but neither are really doing it for me.

I know saddle choice is very personal but any help would be great!

*edit: I am also working on my flexibility because I know that'll mean my pelvis will rotate forward less, hopefully relieving some pressure*

Comments

• ChrisSA
    ChrisSA Posts: 455
    I have an Arione tri2. You may find a forward seatpost useful too.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    I'm using a Specialized Tritip and finding it good. I have it tilted down a fraction and as far forward on the rails as it will go. All about accommodating the tendency to pull myself forward from the extensions.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    I swapped my Selle Italia one for a Cobb V-Flow Max and it's much, much more comfortable. You still need to spend a little bit of time setting the angle etc, a few degrees up or down seem to make quite a difference. The problem with the Selle Italia was that in order for it to be comfortable on the aerobars, I needed to have it angled downwards quite agressively, which made riding on the drops practically impossible. The Cobb is almost level and there's no pain or discomfort with my back (nearly) flat.

They do a 6 month trial as well at Bike Science - if you don't get on with it, swap it for another one.

There's also the Adamo ones which are similarly designed (originally by the same guy I believe).
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    I use a Selle Italia SL T1 and it's pretty good(although anything over three hours gets painful) It has a very padded nose but it's still slim enough to sit back on it for climbing. I started using it on a road bike with clip on bars so it made a good compromise saddle, now transferred it to my TT rig as I'm so used to it. Good value at under £60
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    I have an Adamo, some people like them, some don't. I am in the first category.

Got mine new on eBay for £50 delivered
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Adamo

Theres a guy who owns Velovelocity.co.uk who will let you have one for a 2 week trial.