shatner on HIGNFY

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
the extended version now bbc1 - he is brilliant - you really cant miss his version of the pistols god save the queen....quick ,go watch.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,326
    Watched Friday night's. Several laugh out loud moments in that. He is a lunatic of the highest order.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Thanks for the heads up - I normally find it a bit stale these days but Shatner was ace! I liked the pshhhht slidey door on entrance! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • squeeler
    squeeler Posts: 144
    The man is a living legend!
    I thought he was a little harsh on Grimsby, though from the way he was reading his lines I don't think he had much clue about anything that either he said or the others discussed.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,576
    squeeler wrote:
    I thought he was a little harsh on Grimsby, though from the way he was reading his lines I don't think he had much clue about anything that either he said or the others discussed.

It's impossible to be harsh on Grimsby!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    squeeler wrote:
    I take it you think he was fair on the ladies of Ilfracombe? :wink:
    Great show.
    "Didier Dogbar? Why doesn't he change his name?" :lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    squeeler wrote:

Though I'd quite like to think that William Shatner had been to Grimsby! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Bet he is regretting the Ilfracombe joke now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-18519123

From the report - "Builder Mr Crabb, 49, emailed Shatner's agents: "As Captain James T Kirk, Mr Shatner has been to places where no man has gone before, however, the episode of Have I Got News For You clearly shows he has never been to Ilfracombe."

A search on Google (but I can't recommend it as some of the results aren't pretty) suggests that Mr Crabb is ill-informed. :lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    ilfracombe should be so lucky as to be known for either : James T Kirk mentioning it on National Television and/or being overrun by prostitutes ( I have visions of Sin City...)