Giro stage 20 ‘Spoiler’

Comments

• fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Exzauggsted

Sorry
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Fail by Kreuziger. He should be up there not with the 3rd group.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    When the air goes with altitude it can really affect some riders. Basso fancies himself at the higher elevations.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,550
    The top of the Stelvio is looking stunning. The depth of snow up there really brings home just how high it is.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326

Do you actually appreciate that these men are only human and probably putting themselves through levels of suffering you can only begin to comprehend? It's not a 'fail' by Kreuziger, it's a shame, it's a pity, it's unfortunate and it's sport, but it's not a Fail.
  • frenchfighter
    Bergonzi:
    “For all that I like the stage to Pampeago, this is the symbolic stage of the Giro d’Italia. Aside from all the history associated with Stelvio, we also have Mortirolo. Some say that it’s too far from Stelvio to make a difference, but I see it differently. It’s possible that somebody who is behind on GC will smash the race up on Mortirolo, and that it will become the stuff of legend. Stelvio? Obviously Coppi’s great exploit in wrestling the jersey from Koblet in 1953, Fausto Bertoglio and Galdos in 1975. Bertoglio wasn’t a great champion like Coppi, but everybody remembers him winning the Giro that day. This is the magic of the climb…"

The race’s most iconic episode on the Stelvio came on its first in visit 1953, when Fausto Coppi conjured up one of the last truly great performances of his career to snatch the pink jersey from Hugo Koblet at the death, while its most exciting finish came when the hitherto unheralded Fausto Bertoglio held off Franciso Galdos to seal overall victory on the final day in 1975.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Some of these roads are like something out of Coppi's time!
  • frenchfighter
    hesjedal_stem_600.jpg

There's a lot going on in this area of Ryder Hesjedal's (Garmin-Barracuda) Cervélo R5ca: two zip-ties holding on the Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 control box, two more for the satellite shifter, and two o-rings for the Garmin Edge 500 mount. Team mechanics leave
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,550
    Nice - fill the lungs with dust, that'll help just before a 20km climb!
  • frenchfighter
    Coriander wrote:

Do you actually appreciate that these men are only human and probably putting themselves through levels of suffering you can only begin to comprehend? It's not a 'fail' by Kreuziger, it's a shame, it's a pity, it's unfortunate and it's sport, but it's not a Fail.

Of course, and let me assure I am 125% aware of the suffering and my admiration for this sport stems from that and I often mention how great cyclists are. I have a whole host of pain face photos.

You are correct though - not a fail, if you will, disappointing.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Cunego - is he there for himself, or Scarponi's marksman?
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Just got Pozzo @ 15/1 on betfair.
    exercise.png
  • frenchfighter
    Good work by Garmin that Hej now has two top climbers with him in support.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I reckon there's a lot of bluffing going on
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Who is the third Sky rider?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Who is the third Sky rider?

Flecha.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Just remembered PTP...cuntstable!!

Oh well taking a break from the packing/moving/cleaning for a sec now...'Mon the Hej!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    Thanks. Typically Eurosport cut to a close-up just after I posted the question purely to make me look like a fool.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • frenchfighter
    Wow, serious pain face on Hej and he is having CVV ride this hard.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    De Gendt is going for it. Balls. A really exciting rider - lit up Paris Nice a couple of times.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    I'm transported back in time to Stage 16 of the 08 TdF when Hesjedal saved CVV's GC. What goes round...

@Bonnie_D_Ford
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Thanks. Typically Eurosport cut to a close-up just after I posted the question purely to make me look like a fool.

thanks buddy, I now can't get the image of some guy in a truck somewhere going "Ei, Guiseppe, Putta a picture of Flecha up to makea dis Eeenglich looka likea fool!" out of my head :D
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    ddraver wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

thanks buddy, I now can't get the image of some guy in a truck somewhere going "Ei, Guiseppe, Putta a picture of Flecha up to makea dis Eeenglich looka likea fool!" out of my head :D
    :D:D
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm
    Hesjedal and Basso both look to be hurting.
    Team My Man 2022:

• Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Is it just my Eurosport Player that's gone down - on both my pc and my iphone? Grrr....
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Katusha must be laughing themselves wet in the team car. For a week, they've had Liquigas working for them and now Garmin are doing a great job for J Rod.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Cunego reaches the breakaway pair.
  • frenchfighter
    De Gendt goes again and drops Cunego and Nieve.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    Wiggo, Tour, 2009 = Hejedal, Giro, 2011?

Not in terms of result but how and why he's done so well...
    - @ddraver
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    Cunego reaches the breakaway pair.

And then De Gendt decides to go.....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."