Summer has arrived

jds_1981
jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Right, I've had enough of this. Can someone leave the fridge door open again?
FCN 9 || FCN 5

Comments

• jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    jds_1981 wrote:
    You didn't study Physics, did you ?
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    jds_1981 wrote:

Oh quit moaning. I'm luvving it :P :D:D

Can I put in a request for some fit male cyclists to be on CS7 tomorrow morning during my commute please? The lack of eye candy for this old biddy is getting tiresome :(
  • jds_1981
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Can I put in a request for some fit male cyclists to be on CS7 tomorrow morning during my commute please? The lack of eye candy for this old biddy is getting tiresome :(

Heh, caught some driver perving on me yesterday. Looked around while stopped at lights on a roundabout and she did the 'trying to look away without appearing too embarrassed' thing.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    That is a comment you won't see from the men here, get back to your can of Red Stripe :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Loving it, nice to get out in the midday sun for a lunch hour ride up some local hills.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I'm so glad we've finally got some good weather.
    Sorry Wanda, that's the wrong way for me, I'm not fit and I certainly wouldn't consider myself eye candy.
    So you'll be glad I'm not going your way.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Urgh, forgot what it was like to sweat in the heat, a constant drip drip drip :?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    jejv wrote:
    jds_1981 wrote:
    You didn't study Physics, did you ?

:D .

"OK, so you have a room, with one socket..."
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Pfft, this is the time of year when I can tell people to MTFU. If it's under 35, you shouldn't be complaining.

Under 10 degrees and I'll moan. But now, when it's warm, :D
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    took a half day off work yesterday did just over 70 miles an im absolutely dead today

sun burn on my neck an side of my arms from riding on the hoods most of the day

fantastic

me legs are wobberly now though...bad times!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    jds_1981 wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

Heh, caught some driver perving on me yesterday. Looked around while stopped at lights on a roundabout and she did the 'trying to look away without appearing too embarrassed' thing.

I'd have given you a wink and blown you a kiss... Doncha just love the summer? :wink:
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    edited May 2012
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

In which you may like Jazzy Jeff's & Mick Boogie's Summertime mixtape:
    http://www.rap-n-blues.com/dj-jazzy-jeff-mick-boogie-–-summertime-the-mixtape/

Dashes are breaking the php code link - sorry!

(Summertime 2 is also available on Mick's website - http://mickboogie.com/summertime2/ )
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Yeah, I'm so glad I got my waterproof messenger bag delivered before the weather got so nasty!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    SimonAH wrote:
    Yeah, I'm so glad I got my waterproof messenger bag delivered before the weather got so nasty!
    I suspect the weather may turn nasty again at some point and you're well prepared. I just hope it's not for a few months yet.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    It is wonderful!! Loving the hot weather, the sun.....Not loving the Noddergeddon that has appeared though, f*ckwit city in the last few days....
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    where's Greg T and his ram air scoops...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    There's a prize for the first person with a wasp trapped in their cycle helmet! :shock:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    ride from yesterday

ScreenCapture.jpg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    mudcow007 wrote:
    ride from yesterday

ScreenCapture.jpg

Interesting straight line over the water... drink a lot of redbull do you :lol:
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Koncordski wrote:
    There's a prize for the first person with a wasp trapped in their cycle helmet! :shock:
    I'm pretty sure that the large buzzing object that briefly ended up in my mouth half way through last night's TT was a bumble bee...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Booked today and tomorrow off a while back done, got really lucky with the weather. Put down ~60 miles today. If I can get another 60 in tomorrow that'll be over 200 miles in a week. The sweat's OK so long as you're moving fast enough for it to evaporate. Makes grinding up hills a bit less fun.
    Koncordski wrote:
    I had something buzzing around my brain bucket, not a wasp though. *rumages through Mrs Ini's drawers for hosiery.*

Mini Ini mk1 just got back from school, wants to go for a ride, that'll be another 10ish.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • jds_1981
    Okay, I regret making this thread the first time around, seeing as it jinxed the weather.
    Seems summer is arriving again.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743
    I've only just noticed that "Further ahead" button on the bbc weather. It indicates that Wednesday may reach 32 :D
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Yup, weekend is supposed to be fantastic (and I'm at home with major man-flu today - it had better clear by Saturday.

Still, my earlier post on this thread back in May appears to have been prophetic........sorry and all that!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.