Can Tejay win the Tour?

cycling5280
cycling5280 Posts: 279
edited May 2012 in Pro race
I know he riding a support role this year for Cadel but given the number of TT km during this year's Tour he could be well placed at the end. Could this be his year? www.1kmtogo.blogspot.com

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    Yes.

And Piranha 3DD can win Best Picture at the Oscars.

It's not going to happen though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Probably not.

Though Im going to take Spartacus e/w so what do I know...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    Sweet FA about gambling if you're going for an each way bet on such an obvious outsider.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    As for the OP - I've more chance than Tejay and I doubt I'll be on the start line.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    lol don't worry I'll have some sensible bets. I backed Evans last year...

With all the TT miles who knows what the motorised bike of Cancellara can do
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    lol don't worry I'll have some sensible bets. I backed Evans last year...

With all the TT miles who knows what the motorised bike of Cancellara can do

With all the TTing Wiggins will be a threat, but I still fancy Cuddles.

Teejay will lose time in the mountains and in the TTs. Top 30 at best.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Not this year, he's only young still isn't he? About 25? Could be one for the future.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • cycling5280
    andyp wrote:
    As for the OP - I've more chance than Tejay and I doubt I'll be on the start line.

Are you Bradley Wiggins?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Not this year, he's only young still isn't he? About 25? Could be one for the future.

His riding style reminds me a bit of Evans, so I'm not going to say he's never going to win the Tour, but he does seem to struggle with his climbing when the pressure is really turned on. There are a bunch of other riders around his age who look like better GT prospects at the moment.
  • cycling5280
    afx237vi wrote:
    Ms Tree wrote:

His riding style reminds me a bit of Evans, so I'm not going to say he's never going to win the Tour, but he does seem to struggle with his climbing when the pressure is really turned on. There are a bunch of other riders around his age who look like better GT prospects at the moment.

You're right he does seem to struggle when the pressure is really turned on. Tour of California last Sunday was a perfect example. Curious to see how he will handle taking care of Cadel in the mountains at the Tour.