Freehub Body Compatibility

thescouselander
thescouselander Posts: 549
edited May 2012 in Workshop
I'm pretty sure my freehub is on its way out. The trouble is there seems to be a few different sorts about. Does anyone know which freehub body fits onto a shimano 2200 hub?

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    That will be a FH-2200 then.

Shimano website has all the info you require in technical docs.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy wrote:
    That will be a FH-2200 then.

Shimano website has all the info you require in technical docs.

Yes, I know that but I can't find anywhere that sells the freehub body stated - hence I need to know which other ones are compatible.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Then perhaps you needed to be more specific in your original question.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy wrote:
    Then perhaps you needed to be more specific in your original question.

Sorry, perhaps I should have been more specific - hopefully my last post provides clarification. Thanks for trying to help out anyway.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    You might find quite a few fit.
    Certainly any low-end 8/9/10sp Shimano road hub with steel freehub body, but not 7sp and not anything like Ultegra or DA which has a fancy aluminium or titanium one

Yes, Shimano says you have to fit the right one, but I've changed the freehub on my WH-R550's twice, with that from a 4400 Tiagra and from a STX hub
    - basically I found it cheaper to buy a new-old-stock whole rear hub on eBay for under a fiver and strip the freehub off that than to buy one seperately.

If you're going to try it, have a look at the EV's on the Shimano website and see if they look the same.