Saddle Bag

Wazza1878
Wazza1878 Posts: 59
edited April 2012 in Road buying advice
Morning Chaps
Crappy weather indeed...
Wanted some advice on best saddle bag for a Bianchi with a San Marco stock saddle
I've seen some nice Scicon one's only at wiggle though, i dont want all kinds of straps on show so does anyone have any suggestions please, the top peak sidekick seems a great piece of design too, robust and sleek, thats what i'm considering?

thanks in advance
Wazza

Comments

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Lezyne Micro caddy, small, discreet and no post strap!

$(KGrHqN,!hUE0fJuu3WYBN(cckc-zg~~_35.GIF

img.php?fl=g4p4y5l4b434p2h5g4g4a4r4a4k4o4u5p5j4o4p5b4h506s5o4m4u274o4u5r2m5d434l5j50604u5p4n494z584x534e4g5p4c4a4v283a3j35564w2s2d4x224q5t5d4
  • Wacky Racer
    Wacky Racer Posts: 638
    Assuming that white Lezyne is the medium micro, that is what I use. It is big enough for a spare tube, puncture kit, tyre levers, multi-tool and cannister. It is quite stretchy so it seems like a bit of a tardis. What I like about it is the velcro wrap, it keeps the saddle bag wrapped up really tight ensuring no annoying rattles, and the fact the velcro doesn't wrap the seatpost it doesn't catch on my shorts. No plastic clips to break either. I've tried a few different designs over the years, but this is my favourite.
    Ridley Orion
  • Wazza1878
    Wazza1878 Posts: 59
    Flasher wrote:
    Lezyne Micro caddy, small, discreet and no post strap!

$(KGrHqN,!hUE0fJuu3WYBN(cckc-zg~~_35.GIF

img.php?fl=g4p4y5l4b434p2h5g4g4a4r4a4k4o4u5p5j4o4p5b4h506s5o4m4u274o4u5r2m5d434l5j50604u5p4n494z584x534e4g5p4c4a4v283a3j35564w2s2d4x224q5t5d4

Many Thanks Flasher, lovely looking bag, especially in the white, will go lovely with my white frame :)
    Wazza
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    Another vote for the Microcaddy, but do yourself a favour and get a black one! I had the white and after one very wet ride it discoloured horribly, going a funny shade of purple! Now have a black version and it is perfect. They do hold an unbelievable amount of kit for such as small size.
  • Wacky Racer
    Wacky Racer Posts: 638
    Mine's been fine in white, but it hasn't got wet very often, just the odd sharp shower.
    Ridley Orion
  • ajb72
    Mine's been fine in white, but it hasn't got wet very often, just the odd sharp shower.

Mine did get a proper soaking, but I don't think it could shave been any of the contents that caused the problem. It was the seal around the zip that suffered the most discolouration and it didn't affect performance of course. It just didn't look right with a lilac shade on my bike!
  • HacKage
    HacKage Posts: 70
    I use, or used a specialized one much like the lezyne one here, but just this morning noticed a hole on the inner thighs of my shorts from where it has obviously been rubbing against the bag. It isn't a big bag at all, very small and neat, but I'm going to just start stuffing get the jersey pockets rather than eating through pairs of bibs!
  • ajb72
    HacKage wrote:
    I use, or used a specialized one much like the lezyne one here, but just this morning noticed a hole on the inner thighs of my shorts from where it has obviously been rubbing against the bag. It isn't a big bag at all, very small and neat, but I'm going to just start stuffing get the jersey pockets rather than eating through pairs of bibs!

Does your Spesh one have a velcro strap around the seatpost? Almost without question that would be the offending item. The Lezyne one does not have a strap for the seatpost, it has large velcro straps for the saddle rails only. I cannot see how physically you could wreck shorts on the seat pack.
  • HacKage
    HacKage Posts: 70
    It has a very small Velcro loop that doesn't stick out or anything like that. When I sat on my saddle to see what could be causing it, the wear on the shorts was right at the height of the sides of the bag. Unfortunately the specialized one, the straps that loop under the saddle then come down the stides of the bag and are the widest points on the bag. Quite disappointing really.

This is the offending item here: http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Min ... g_2369.htm
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    +1 micro caddy (black)
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer