Strip or sell?

dmr-kev
dmr-kev Posts: 49
edited April 2012 in MTB general
Following injury and surgery my custom built MTB is sat in my spare room getting no use.
I'd like it to go to a good home but I don't know whether I'm better off selling the bike as a whole or stripping it down and selling the parts off separately. Any ideas what would be best? Strip or sell as whole? Everything is in excellent condition.

Felt RXC pro frame (super light Alu/carbon rear end)
Magyar durin race 100mm
Full XTR drivetrain/shifters
Easton monkeylight bars
Ritchey was stem
Hope pro2/ DT Swiss 4.2D
XTR pedals
Thomson post
Fisik gobi saddle
Conti speedking supersonic
Also Pace RC31 carbon forks
2012 CAAD10 RS80 C24

Felt rxc pro,Pace RC31,Hope Pro2, DT Swiss 4.2d,XTR,mono minis,Thomson,Ritchey WCS,fizik,Easton monkeylite sl,speedking supersonics,and my 2 Titanium/Ceramic hip replacements!

Custom Langster Fixie

Comments

• gaff_taff
    gaff_taff Posts: 346
    sorry to hear about that, but you will find the best return on the price you payed if you split the bike, as full bike that are well specced don't seem to go for much on here,

so yeah i would split it down
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Are you ever planning on cycling again once you recover? If you are, you're better keeping it - you'll never get back what you paid for it.

If not, stripping it would be you're next best bet
  • dmr-kev
    dmr-kev Posts: 49
    Thanks for the replies, It's unlikely I'll be riding offroad for quite a while so looks like stripping is the best way forward.
    2012 CAAD10 RS80 C24

Felt rxc pro,Pace RC31,Hope Pro2, DT Swiss 4.2d,XTR,mono minis,Thomson,Ritchey WCS,fizik,Easton monkeylite sl,speedking supersonics,and my 2 Titanium/Ceramic hip replacements!

Custom Langster Fixie