Mavic cosmic carbone v ff 4fr

Chilts
Chilts Posts: 89
edited April 2012 in Road buying advice
Which do you think ?

Comments

• NickHu
    NickHu Posts: 15
    I recently won some Cosmic Carbone's (alloy/carbon ones from 2010) on Ebay, and have been riding them for a couple of weeks. Previously had some Easton EA90 Aero, so I can't comment on the FF 4fr's. The Cosmics aren't anywhere near as light as the Easton's I took off and so they aren't as quick to accelerate up to speed. However the aero benefits are also noticeable and they hold the speed well. I haven't noticed too much problems with sidewinds with them yet either. They are also a lot stiffer than the Easton's which is nice too. Having had Mavic wheels in the past, I would imagine they will be relatively bomb proof and really easy to service. Overall I'm really happy with them, the weight is the only issue, but I knew that when I bought them.

Deciding which wheels to buy is a total nightmare so I hope that helps!

Nick
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    dont make things easier but sram s60's are a good wheel. I have some s80's and they are fantastic at holding the speed and better in crosswinds oddly enough than the cosmics I had. Cosmics are good and can only agree with the comments about 100% yes bit heavier but you soon get used to it.
  • Chilts
    Cheers for the advice guys, anyone got any FF 4rs, any opinion on them?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    i've got the 2011 cosmic carbone slr

as above, not the lightest, mine are 1709g including rim tape (excl. the mavic skewers)

they've been really good, plenty of rough/wet roads, still true, hubs/bearings running smooth, no issues, very stiff, but a comfortable ride

if you do a search you should find a link to the tour magazine review of aero clinchers, it's a good review of many wheels, it might give you some more ideas
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Sammyw23
    Sammyw23 Posts: 627
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • Chilts
    Sammyw23

Thanks, for that absolutely brilliant!!
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227