Sometimes I hate myself...

twonks
twonks Posts: 352
edited April 2012 in MTB general
After making the decision to relegate my old 99 Zaskar LE frameset into a road based commuter type, I set about building up a Ragley Piglet to replace it.

Yes I knew it was going to be a bit heavier, but I wanted a slightly more forgiving ride and a less aggresive riding position as I get on in years ;)

Now the Piglet is built and it rides as I thought it would, bar a couple of niggles.

The Zaskar has just also just been completed and is now a rigid , V-braked sub 10KG beasty.

But, I just can't ride it on the road as it feels like I'm 'wasting' a good frame.

The Piglet build does everything I wanted of it, and tbh it excels downhill, but it just doesn't feel right to ride. I also miss the direct aggresive throw you around everywhere feel that the Zaskar gave on singletrack and its point and go attitude that demanded respect. (the feeling I thought I wanted to get away from),

Now I am rebuilding the Zaskar up as a V braked hard tail for lighter weathers and will buy a proper road bike when funds allow.

Damn bikes, I should just be happy with one and sell the garage full of 'spares' I have to prevent such time wasting messing around :lol:

Comments

• that always happens to me every time i feel like a bit of a project

also happens with pub bikes you cant help but upgrade them until they are to good to be left unattended :evil:
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    that always happens to me every time i feel like a bit of a project

also happens with pub bikes you cant help but upgrade them until they are to good to be left unattended :evil:
    Ha ha ha, not just me then! Those 'cheap' projects don't stay cheap for long!
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    haha, exaclty.

I've lost count of the times I've said to myself 'there are anough parts to build a bike up here', only to find I've built it then replaced half the stuff on it as it was no good or I just had some money spare.

Then to realise I either don't like what I've just built or have no need whatsoever for it :roll:

Such is the life of a hobby I suppose. :mrgreen: