Specialized Venge 2010 FSA K Force crank?

LiamW
LiamW Posts: 358
edited April 2012 in Workshop
Picking up my new Venge frameset on Thursday, thing is though it comes with the BB30 system that i have never used. I currently ride a Specialized Roubiax Carbon with a FSA Carbon chainset with a Isis BB. I have been given the FSA K Force which came with a Mega Exo external BB, my question is i suppose, can i use the K Force with the BB30 or do i have to buy a new chainset to work with the BB30?

Comments

• hsolano
    hsolano Posts: 12
    I believe you will need to get an aftermarket sleeve for it. I was setting up a Cannondale Frameset with campy, and they use a BB30 pressfit, and like Specialized, Cannondale likes to use their own crankset on their bikes. The best thing I did, was call Cannondale directly, and they were very helpful. I'm sure you can call Specialized too.
  • LiamW
    LiamW Posts: 358
    Took your advice and called Specialized, they actually told me there was nothing available and that i needed to buy a new Chainset!!

I had a look on the FSA webiste and found this....

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/products/ ... apter-68mm

Am i right in thinking that this would do the job? I also have a ISIS threaded BB and a FSA Chainset that goes with it, could i in theory use either Chainset with this adaptor?