Whyte T120 ?

Mikelancs
Mikelancs Posts: 99
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Been away from the scene for awhile and I'm just about to take the plunge again and looking to buy a new Bike.
I would like a good all rounder so I've been reading rave reviews about the T120?.
Anyone on here got one how do you find it, it wouldn't be getting anything rough mainly Lancashire and peaks and the odd jaunt out into Wales to do the coed? .
Other than that I've looked at the Trance and the Scott Genius 50.
2012 Giant TCR Composite 3

Comments

• I borught this bike at the start of the year and highly recommend it. It took me a while to get used to the suspension design but once settled it flys over jumps and with maxles at both ends it steers through corners with confidence :lol: On xc loops its quick enough despite what the 28lb weight suggests. Oh yeah and its a proper good looking bike!

Only niggles would be the tyres because when it rains have barely any grip. Also i broke the rear shock on the first ride and the lack of propedal or lockout was quite annoying when sprinting but the LBS upgraded it to an rp23 :)
    When it does rain though the suspension bearings are covered with a lifetime warranty so need to worry about UK weather for the meantime.

Buy this bike if you want an 120mm xc trail bike with some all mountain guts. The 2011 version has £500 off too which could go towards ugrading tyres and rear shock...
    Whyte T120 2012
    Specialized Rockhopper expert
    Specialized Stumpjumper Expert
  • Mikelancs
    Mikelancs Posts: 99
    Cracking, thanks very much for the insight. I'll be putting a deposit down ASAP for one although delivery isn't till may I will hve to wait till then. Lie the look of it and it's just a bit different! I want all mountain and I think the whyte ticks all the boxes!

Cheers again.
    2012 Giant TCR Composite 3