AVID JUICY 3 pads

bragawd
bragawd Posts: 160
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Superstar components, kevlar are good so are the sintered.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • crab claws
    crab claws Posts: 24
    edited April 2012
    1mancity2 wrote:
    Superstar components, kevlar are good so are the sintered.
    Second that I have tried other cheep pads and they squeel but the superstar ones didn't. Also they last as good as avid ones IMO.
  • Ro88o
    Ro88o Posts: 130
    +1 for the Superstar sintered - good for all weathers, never had any problems with them :)
    You only get one shot .........so make it a double !
    Santa Cruz Heckler 650b
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/r0880/1177 ... 4113728080
  • Sikora
    Sikora Posts: 519
    Another vote for Superstar here. Prefer the Gold/sintered pads over the blue ones
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Genuine Avid
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    There's always one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    ^^ works for Superstar
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Curses - outed.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Never ever pay more than a tenner a pair for pads. Such a waste of money. You can't even get them anodised so whats the point.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Superstar sintered pads never worked for me on Avid 3s. I had to file the edges to make them fit at all but they were still prone to sticking. After a couple of hundred miles of squeaking, I tended to find one of the pads would come off the backing plate. They lasted such a short time that there was no benefit from the supposed long life of the sintered pad material.

Superstar pads do seem well liked so maybe it is just the Avid 3 ones that are poor.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Rolf F wrote:
    Superstar sintered pads never worked for me on Avid 3s. I had to file the edges to make them fit at all but they were still prone to sticking. After a couple of hundred miles of squeaking, I tended to find one of the pads would come off the backing plate. They lasted such a short time that there was no benefit from the supposed long life of the sintered pad material.

Superstar pads do seem well liked so maybe it is just the Avid 3 ones that are poor.
    Avid what 3? Juicy or elixir. The elixir seem more inconsistent manufacture wise.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Rolf F wrote:

Avid what 3? Juicy or elixir. The elixir seem more inconsistent manufacture wise.

Sorry - meant Juicy 3. And mine were from 2008/9 so maybe more recent ones were better.
    Faster than a tent.......