Punture Repair kits..

maxandpaddy
maxandpaddy Posts: 85
edited March 2012 in Road buying advice
Hello all,
Could anybody reccomend the best Punture repair kits on the market, would like to know which kits you swear by. Tried the Topeak glueless patches not very good also pound shop kits again not very good. 8)

Comments

• MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Traditional patch kits with rubber solution make a permanent repair and are much more reliable (if less convenient) than peel and stick patches.
    Look for patches with a feathered edge like Rema.
  • kangarouge
    kangarouge Posts: 210
    Try the self-adhesive Park patches. I started using them only recently and can thoroughly recommend them. I will not be using glue-on patches again.

The Park patches are so easy and quick to use. I wish they'd been available in my youth.
  • porker33
    porker33 Posts: 636
    I have tried the stick on patches, ok as a get you home measure..I guess.

I normally buy puncture repair patches and glue separately from Decathlon, it makes sense as you always seem to run out of either glue or patches in a kit....the patches are feathered at the edges and I appear to be permanent in use up to now.
  • Kiwi_rich
    Kiwi_rich Posts: 68
    I thought the park glue less patches were the dogs but then found they didn't last very long so had to rip them off & replace them with a rubber patch which is a messy business. So now only use them for emergency on the road patching. Rema patches are good.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Has to be Rema
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Another +1 for Rema.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    rema tiptop tt04 (this is the road one with thinner patches)

http://www.probikekit.com/uk/tyres-tube ... r-kit.html

get this too, as usually the patches get used up before the rest of the kit runs out...

http://www.probikekit.com/uk/tyres-tube ... tches.html
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Kangarouge wrote:
    Try the self-adhesive Park patches. I started using them only recently and can thoroughly recommend them. I will not be using glue-on patches again.

The Park patches are so easy and quick to use. I wish they'd been available in my youth.
    +1 - they do me!
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    Kangarouge wrote:

is it Leyzene that make the glueless (self adhesive) ones - are they any good?