Brand new rider

Fleurel
Fleurel Posts: 3
edited April 2012 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone,

Well im 22 and havent ridden a bike in over 6 years due to knee issues, but my best friend recently bought a mountain bike and i thought id like to join him and get fit :)

He bougt a santa cruz blur, and through his girlfriends dad i managed to pick up an 09 GT force 1.0. Ive only taken it out a couple of times so far on some 'fire trails' but im really impressed with how it rides.

Just looking forward to picking it up and hopefully entering amateur competitions one day if i can get good enough

cheers

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Welcome to the fold!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Welcome and enjoy.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Welcome!!! One piece of advice though, get out while you still can, once you're hooked there's no escape, my bank balance agrees with me :lol:

Enjoy it :D
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    You will soon learn to become a very good liar to your mrs... "yes yes, XTR is the only thing compatible... no I completly agree, these companies really need to get their act together and sort universal standards out! Me? I think it's all a money making scam..."
  • Fleurel
    Fleurel Posts: 3
    Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

Haha yes i know it can be an expensive sport, but i have the support of the girlfriend :shock: she even bought me a helmet and offered to buy more equipment if i needed it!
  • You will soon learn to become a very good liar to your mrs... "yes yes, XTR is the only thing compatible... no I completly agree, these companies really need to get their act together and sort universal standards out! Me? I think it's all a money making scam..."

Lol, so true! My signature says it all. . . .
    My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.
  • gt5xcr
    gt5xcr Posts: 77
    Fleurel wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

Haha yes i know it can be an expensive sport, but i have the support of the girlfriend :shock: she even bought me a helmet and offered to buy more equipment if i needed it!

WELCOME, LETS START THIS MOUNTAIN BIKE LOVE AFFAIR, .... i`LL SWAP MY GIRLFRIEND FOR YOURS IF YOU WANT.
    SEE........THATS CALLED HELPING OUT YOUR FELLOW BIKER.........WE ARE ALL LIKE THAT.
    5XCR
    GT I_DRIVE 5 XCR IN BLUE.

Ride everywhere, To/from work(12hrs work a day/5 days a week) and still the energy to hit the trails.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Lose the caps lock. Yours seems to be jammed on as you have posted caps in other threads.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    You will soon learn to become a very good liar to your mrs... "yes yes, XTR is the only thing compatible... no I completly agree, these companies really need to get their act together and sort universal standards out! Me? I think it's all a money making scam..."

LMAO
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    mak3m wrote:

LMAO

So so so true!!!

Every time I take the bike home from work I get asked "is that new?" "nah I just painted it at work" the reply

Hope she dosn't see this!
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2