New for old insurance claim

aahjnnot
aahjnnot Posts: 41
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Some thieving scum nicked our bikes over the weekend. So far the insurer (Direct Line) seems to be behaving pretty fairly and, as our original bikes are no longer available in the same spec, they've suggested alternatives for us to consider.

They're proposing that my 2010 Carrera Fury should be replaced with a 2011 Boardman Comp, and that my wife's Gary Fisher Wahoo Disc 2010 should be replaced with a 2012 Specialized Rockhopper. Is that a fair swap? What, if anyhting, are the gotchas that will bother us when we hit the trails?

My wife particularly loved the nimble handling of the Wahoo due to its unusual geometry. Does anyone know if the Rockhopper will be similarly flickable in the trees?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No idea about your flickable question, but seems like a very decent offer to me.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • See if you can try them 1st, but seems like a deal to me.
  • aahjnnot
    aahjnnot Posts: 41
    Thanks. It looked like a good offer and, having spent a while crawling over the specs in enormous detail and reading every online review that I can fin, it still seems like a good result.

Congratualtions to Direct Line. I'm glad I'm insured with them.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Seem like a fair swap to me. But try swing a leg over one to check you'll get on with them. Esp the replacement for the Wahoo which you said had unusual geo. Might be a big difference using something with a more "normal" geom.