Cube Agree GTcSl

Spartan07
Spartan07 Posts: 9
edited May 2012 in Workshop
Hi,

I have just bought a Cube Agree GTC SL Roadbike which I love. But there is a really annoying rattle being caused by the cable in the top tube. Has any other owner come across this?

Any help with a solution would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• bobgfish
    bobgfish Posts: 545
    Have a look at this. Somewhere towards the end when fitting brake cable

http://vimeo.com/23917838

Should be farily easier to fashion something up like this. You can buy the rubber stops (normally on MTB's) but I'm not sure where you could get "cable guide" they use.
  • Hi ,
    Thanks for your reply. The cable within the Cube still runs inside the cable sheath, if that makes sense. That is its covered not a bare break cable. Im technically challenged but ill get one of my friends to review the video thanks. Whe I pull the cable really tight at both ends the noise disappears.

Id really like to hear from anyone else who has a Cube agree GTC even if they don't have the problem as i can't understand why this isn't a known problem.

Mike
  • ADIHEAD
    ADIHEAD Posts: 575
    A friend of mine has the same bike, same problem! He just puts up with it but don't think I could!
  • bobgfish
    bobgfish Posts: 545
    I would have though some sort of rubber in strategic places on the cable could help cure it.
  • I have the exact same problem.

Bought mine about 4 weeks ago and spent the first half dozen rides stopping every mile or so trying to locate the source of the rattle. The rough Paris-Roubaixesque Cornish roads gave me plenty of opportunity to make it rattle too.

Finally found the cause and despite various pulling and pushing can't seem to eliminate it. It's incredibly annoying and spoiling what is and should be an excellent bike.

It's due for it's first free service tomorrow and I've made the shop aware of the problem (judging by their response they've encountered it before) and I'll see how it goes.
  • Hi,

Since my last post Cube have come back to say they have a fix kit. Ask your delear about it and get them to contact Cube..

Mike
  • Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    Has anyone found a solution or had this problem fixed?

My Agree Pro internal cables are rattling and it can be annoying.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • Spartan07
    Spartan07 Posts: 9
    Cube have now announced availability of a dampening kit as they call it. I havent received mine yet so cant comment if it works or not but pretty sure it will. You need to contact your delear and ask they to order one from Cube for you.

Mike
  • Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    Thanks mate.

I have tried to contact Cube with no response. I will try my LBS.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid