Newbie with a few different q's

Ant_s
Ant_s Posts: 4
edited March 2012 in MTB beginners
Howdy all,

My first post on here (couldn't find aN intro section so hope this is ok), a few simple questions really but since the start of the year I've got back into riding (since I brought the bikes 2 1/2 years back lol) and really enjoying it.

I ride a Saracen mantra DX which is ok for me at the minute but hopefully will get to change it this year, but in the mean time I'm looking to upgrade the brakes to hydraulic ones, I haven't got a budget set in mind but how realistic would it be to do both for around the £130 mark?

Also I've made a little mistake, I brought some of these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=55369 and didn't realise they were spd pedals - I know it cleary states it though :shock: lol, but I ride with flat pedals so I'm guessing these aren't any use to me and I should send them back? It's just that they feel really comfy and the sole does fell very grippy, but I don't want to take them out on a ride to try them and find there no good for flats and not be able to send them back after I've used them.

So I think that's it for now but you'll probably see me posting abit now :lol:

Thanks in advance for any help
Ant

Comments