frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited March 2012 in Pro race

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,097
    This seems to be getting more debate going;

th_b17182dc58dcf8dd966aafee6c70605f_colnagoc59discmain.jpg

Hydraulic discs on a top end road frame. What we all need or a step too far?

More here - http://ht.ly/1HRvOu
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    Wow - Would never have guessed Colnago were so forward thinking!

I ve gone on record many times here saying I think that Hydraulic brakes and electronic shifting are the future, so much so that I rekon in 10 years, every GBP/EUR 1000 etc bike will have them. i think the benefits far outweigh any negatives and personally I look where I'm going when I ride my bike rather than down at the axles so I'm not bothered how it looks.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    More interesting, they re formula road brakes - did nt think Formula had any interest in that. even more interesting, they seem to be compatable with Di2
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Tho not a fan of Hydraulic brakes on a road bike as am prob old fashioned as it spoils the "looks" of the bike - I do find one benefit, All of us who like the old "gumwall" tyres like the Corsa Cx`s, Veloflex, ....you wont have all the cr*p off the brakes now to dirty your sidewalls of your tyres. I see a upsurge in sales for the gumwalls now :D .

PS. What a horrible paint job on that Colnago ....Is that Italian navy "Battleship Grey" ????
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,453
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Tho not a fan of Hydraulic brakes on a road bike as am prob old fashioned as it spoils the "looks" of the bike - I do find one benefit, All of us who like the old "gumwall" tyres like the Corsa Cx`s, Veloflex, ....you wont have all the cr*p off the brakes now to dirty your sidewalls of your tyres. I see a upsurge in sales for the gumwalls now :D .

PS. What a horrible paint job on that Colnago ....Is that Italian navy "Battleship Grey" ????

All of this plus Shimano on a Colnago? Sacrilege! (From a Shimano user too!!). It's got the potential to be a very nice looking bike with a decent paint job and Record groupset!
  • Shame the C59's frame construction is so out of date! Runs and hides...

:D
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    ddraver wrote:
    Wow - Would never have guessed Colnago were so forward thinking!
    It's still a lugged frame, hardly spaceage.