Saxo Bank

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited July 2012 in Pro race
The pressure is already on for the team to get results with the loss of Contador...Now Nuyens is out with a fractured hip...http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11311/Fractured-hip-diagnosis-puts-Nick-Nuyens-Ronde-van-Vlaanderen-defence-out-of-reach.aspx

I can see sponsorship trouble for 2013.

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    No, I think Saxo will stay loyal to them.

After all, it'll be cheaper to sponsor a Conti Team.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Tusher wrote:
    After all, it'll be cheaper to sponsor a Conti Team.

Cuts sharp and deep with a single slash :D
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,648
    They'll still get invited to the Tour and other big races even if they don't have a ProTeam licence

Also, it's not as simple as foot relegation and promotion where the team with the lowest points get demoted, it's more complex than that a.k.a. Contador will count for something
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    They'll still get invited to the Tour and other big races even if they don't have a ProTeam licence

Do you think? If I was the ASO i'd think twice about inviting Contador back after the joke he made of the 2010 tour.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,931
    Riis should know that one man a team does not make!
    He also should have planned for the possibility of Cantador being banned and his points not counting.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,931
    Hmm, double post for some reason...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157

Do you think? If I was the ASO i'd think twice about inviting Contador back after the joke he made of the 2010 tour.
    The idea that Contador will get an invite to any race he pleases is somewhat erroneous. ASO went to great lengths to uninvite his team in 2008, for something that didn't concern him directly when he was reigning champion, so they'll have no problem doing it again. I think they'd appreciate the opportunity to belatedly punish Riis too.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    RichN95 wrote:

The idea that Contador will get an invite to any race he pleases is somewhat erroneous. ASO went to great lengths to uninvite his team in 2008, for something that didn't concern him directly when he was reigning champion, so they'll have no problem doing it again. I think they'd appreciate the opportunity to belatedly punish Riis too.

I agree. Look at this years Tour, do you think that the lack of Contador (or Schleck for that matter, albeit for different reasons) will have any negative effects on the commercial success of the Tour? I doubt it, if anything it would make sponsors feel more secure that the organisers are making efforts to avoid any potential scandals.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)