Shimano M077 shoe buying advice

1964johnr
1964johnr Posts: 179
edited March 2012 in Road buying advice
Just about to purchase my first pair of shoes for weekend road bike use and have decided to go for Mountain Bike shoes for the usual reasons. Looking at the Shimano MO 77 but having difficulty finding a local shop to try them on due to my large shoe size and stocks seem to be running low at a lot of shops. I am a size 12 in ordinary shoes, trainers, football boots etc and have a wider than average foot. I might take the plunge and order on line and have found somewhere with good stocks of size 48 and 49, and a good price of £52.99,but am not sure which of these sizes to go for and am a little concerned in case they are a slim fit. Any advice would be gratefully received. I know the MO 87 is made in a wide fit but I can't find anywhere that has large sizes in the wide fit.

Comments

• dawh00
    dawh00 Posts: 13
    Hi there,

I've got a pair of these, and a pair of R077's as well. Really great shoes. I'm a size 9/43 and the 43's fit perfectly. They are not wide fit, presumably "average width" fit whatever that is.

David.
  • I've got a pair of M087 wide fits. I'm normally a "large" 13 (so sometimes a 14) and the wide fit size 50 are just right. Wiggle have stock up to size 52 in the wide fit too.
  • 1964johnr
    Thanks for the info. I reckon I need a 48 and a half, so will go for the 49 to be safe.
  • leech
    leech Posts: 77
    Shimano shoe sizing is a bit odd. My Shimano R086 shoes are a 10/45. Every other pair of shoes / trainers / boots I own are a 9/43. Everybody I know with Shimano shoes has had to size up.
  • 1964johnr
    Well, took the plunge and ordered a pair of MO77 Shimano's size 49 from Merlin Cycles for £48. When they arrived they looked huge. Tried them on and they are probably half a size or maybe even a size to big, but no problem riding in them. They do make me look like Claud Hopper from the 1970s Beano, or was it the Dandy. Anyway, if anyone out there is a size 12 in regular shoes then a Shimano size 48 will probably be just about perfect.