Very suspicious Ebay ad.........

andyrm
andyrm Posts: 550
edited February 2012 in MTB general
Hmmm just seen this on Ebay and it looks decidedly dodgy! Anyone lost a Bionicon Golden Willow recently?

As a Bionicon owner myself, I know how niche these are, so it seems very odd that the advertiser knows so little about the bike that he calls the 120mm Willow a DH bike and has no tech spec except to describe the 'Juicy' brakes and to state no reserve on a £2k+ bike and will consider offers..........

www.
ebay.co.uk/itm/Bionicon-Golden-Willow-Downhill-Mountain-Bike-MTB-Hydraulic-/270920162807?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item3f14199df7

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Probably just a thicko with bad advert skills, see so many of them!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You link is broken.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • plugp7
    plugp7 Posts: 298
    0% feedback on this bloke!
    Draw your own conclusions.
    Cotic Soul 26 inch. Whyte T130
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Everyone has to start somewhere.
    At least he's not asking for Western Union
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    When we bought the lads spesh P1 the owner hadn't got a clue, yet he had all the stuff that had been changed on it in a box suggesting he was genuine, not every 'unusual' bike goes to an enthusiast!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • larryb
    larryb Posts: 78
    He has listed it with eBay mobile. Its always a bried description when someone uses the App. Looks genuine enough, prob just downloaded app and decided to sell something.
    Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 Deep Black Ano - Silver, Rock Shox Reverb.
  • The Rookie
    If you collect from his house it takes away a lot of the risks, most tea leaves won't sell from their own house after all!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • These are the ones that could be the bargain as it puts most people off. Did spot this myself but frame was too big.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Some of the badly advertised stuff on ebay is awful.

I saw a Transition Covert (I think, it was one of those 'made in the USA' rarely seen full sussers) advertised as "suspension bike" in the bike parts category.

The seller had pics of the receipts, knew the whole spec, could give a description of what had been changed and when so it seemed totally legit, but it went for a bargain price because it was so badly listed.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • The Rookie
    Always search for mounting bike as well, there are 100's out there on Gumtree, whatever they are!

Bad listings are great, buy, list properly, sell for a profit, an unemployed lad who I know of local to me does this to make some money while looking for a job!

Simon
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Nothing suspicious about calling it a downhill bike, loads of people get that confused- people who buy downhill bikes to ride down hills, and people who post on here for advice on "starting to do downhills" and the like
    Uncompromising extremist