Odd forum behaviour

MonkeyMonster
MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
So over the weekend I logon to bikeradar - only it says my password is wrong. Odd I think - I don't normally change it - it's reasonably complex and pita. So I go through the rigmarol of changing it to what it "normally" is and it's all fine. Come into work and get a "incorrect password" alert... Hmmm. I have saved passwords and that isn't working. Odd. So I reset again to the password I had reset it to on the weekend. I then let my saved password set from before the weekend put what it has stored - and it lets me in.

Is there some sort of slightly broken - you're logging in from two different machines or something? I've now proved that the password it wouldn't accept is and always was the right password. Why do I have to "reset" some permission flag to use it?
Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    On reading the title my first thought was that I was a bit drunk on saturday evening, but didn't think I'd misbehaved.
    I did notice my phone had me logged out on Sunday evening, logged back in and all hunky dory. Other machines seem fine.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I want to know why the smilies dont work now ...eh!?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    There appears to be a black hole on this thread! I came in via Commuting Chat, but the return to previous page link at the bottom of the page takes you to a strange and obscure part of the forum! :shock:
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Oh..ok, the thread got moved :oops: