Cheap Reverbs....

RichBeardo
RichBeardo Posts: 18
edited February 2012 in MTB general
Hi all,

Been looking for a Reverb and came across Canyon selling 30.9's reverbs for £147+ £10 delv.

Seems like an error on their site as if you try the German equiv. they are listed at 250 euros after discount and also if you try and specify one on a new bike its £168.

Anyway i've ordered one so will see if they honour it, just thought someone might like a pop too...

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/shop/?category=F07&item=30815

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Yowsers. Bargain. Nice spot!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • larryb
    larryb Posts: 78
    I have just purchased one with the bike for 168.00.. it came and its correct..
    Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 Deep Black Ano - Silver, Rock Shox Reverb.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Just ordered one as well. Anyone know if they're the 30.9 diameter or 31.6 and what lever will it come with?
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • They are all 30.9, the German site gives more information on it but not a lot!
  • oodboo
    Nice one, also it's the 2012 model. Just wondering what remote lever it is now. Hopefully it's the right hand and standard clamp.

Strava
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Questions need answering - left or right lever and does it include the bleed kit?

Bleed kit is about £30 for the official kit (if it's the same as the brake bleed kit).

German translation says 125mm drop, 2012 model, 30.9 and 38 or 42cm versions.

£175 is the next cheapest I've seen (bike-discount.de) and that's without the bleed kit.
  • deadkenny wrote:
    Questions need answering - left or right lever and does it include the bleed kit?

Bleed kit is about £30 for the official kit (if it's the same as the brake bleed kit).

German translation says 125mm drop, 2012 model, 30.9 and 38 or 42cm versions.

£175 is the next cheapest I've seen (bike-discount.de) and that's without the bleed kit.

you can pick up a 3rd party bleed kit off Ebay for £17 inc postage, some company in Estonia. I got one from em, did the trick nicely.
  • Anonymous
    Yeah I know you can get the cheap third party ones. The point is that the difference between one selling for £200 and one for £175 is usually because one doesn't have the official bleed kit.

I don't actually need the kit as I have one anyway, it's just I like to see if I'm actually getting a bargain. That said, £147 *if* they honour it, is a bargain.
  • oodboo
    It's the right hand lever, don't know about the bleed kit though.

Strava
  • turbo1191
    turbo1191 Posts: 501
    Just wondering what the 38 or 42 refers too? :?
  • oodboo
    turbo1191 wrote:
    Just wondering what the 38 or 42 refers too? :?

Length (or drop) 380mm or 420mm as it says on CRC. The bit that goes into the frame.

Strava
  • turbo1191
    turbo1191 Posts: 501
    cheers, just ordered one.. hope all goes well!
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    Bah there's none left! :p
  • Bad news i'm afraid.

I've had a reply from Canyon now asking for £220 for it.

So they are trying not to honour the price. The distance selling laws still apply to EU sales so i'm not 100% sure where we stand on that? Does anyone? I would expect them to have to sell it at that price or am i being naive??

The site confirmed the price and only on shipping they are now saying its £220.

Have sent an email to Canyon so will see what they say....
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nope you have just made an offer to purchase, until there is consensus and consideration there is no contract.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    I don't think distance selling has anything to do with it in the EU or the UK.

Like the hundreds on hotukdeals etc who jump on a misprice then get upset about it not being honoured, you pretty much just have to deal with it unless the supplier decides to be nice for the good PR. There's no obligation there.

HUK tend to deserve it though, huge groups of muppets getting all teary because their £5 and ordered 10 of them when it should be £500 each purchases fall through, a lot less obvious for this case.
  • Anonymous
    The only have to honour it when it becomes a legal contract of sale and under the distance selling regs it appears this is by default on delivery for online purchases.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ost6586914

They can also state things in their T&Cs, email confirmations and such that get them out of it, or just put E&OE somewhere.

Another thing is apparently any contract can be voided if it's very obviously a misprice to the buyer.

Still, I'd try and push them for a goodwill discount. Bearing in mind you can get them for £175 elsewhere.
  • oodboo
    I got the email saying the price was incorrect as well. I just replied saying either honour the advertised price or cancel the order. I fully expect them to cancel the order, I don't see the point in trying to bargain with them.

Strava
  • Me too, sending an email now. Not sure how you stand if they charge you the incorrect price and post the item as the contract between yourselves is void due to not being agreed upon. Therefore money should be returned immediately even though the item would have already been sent. Its then their responsibility to collect the item ??
    Boardman Pro Carbon HT 2011
    Boardman Team Hybrid 2010
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
    Canyon Ultimate CF 9.0 2012
  • Anonymous
    If they've sent it and try to charge more than was advertised and billed in the checkout, then they have over charged you. You could potentially even take it up with the credit card company as it's an unauthorised charge. Once you receive it then definitely it's the contract at that point and they have to honour the price.

If they know they've made a mistake it's up to them to correct it before they ship and advise you of the correct price with an option to pay the new price or cancel for a total refund if they've charged already.
  • i sent them an email telling them to cancel my order, got reply saying they were shipping it! going to have to phone tomorrow and talk to someone on the phone about this..and get it cancelled.
  • Ooh, if they've just charged you the higher amount and shipped it that is naughty.