Schoolboys error and...............

tboy823
tboy823 Posts: 102
edited January 2012 in MTB general
……...... the story of our outing today.

(I’ve put place names in just in case anyone recognises it)

Met up with a mate at 10.30, decided to take a route upto Pontypool Park, upto the Grotto, across to the Folly, over and upto the Trig Point, then find a way to thrash back down to home.

The first pull is upto the Grotto from Ponty Park, did this in 2 hits as the bit in the tunnel under the Ski Slope is sooo severe!!! (at least we think so!!)

Over the fences at the top, then and along the lane to get to the Folly. I mentioned to my mate that the hedges had been cut and there was a lot of cuttings on the track (holly and hawthorns!!) He shouted back to me at one point ‘watch out for the thorns’. Sure enough a few hundred yards later I notice his rear tyre is flat. :(

‘Don’t worry’ says I, ‘I’ve got a spare tube, pump and tyre levers in my back pack’ :)

Schoolboy error, tool kit is not in the pack – it’s on the bench in my shed – I’d not put it back in my pack after servicing the bike during the week!!!! – and my mate wasn’t carrying anything at all – double schoolboy error :( :oops: :oops:

So being the hero I decide to bomb home, get the van and pick my mate up after he’s pushed his way back to the Park gates.

So I get back to the Grotto ready to go back down thro’ the woods there (nice downhilly bit) – only to notice that my rear tyre is decidedly spongy and the front is on its way down too!!! :( :shock:

So a quick blast down thro’ the woods and I get as far as the park gates before I’m running on flats and have to push the 2 miles home.

I rescue my mate and we’re home safely. :roll:

I get straight on to taking a look at the punctures, 4 in the front and 3 in the back. :|

These are the most noticeable ones!!

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

So next time we go out the packs are going to be fully loaded with spares and tool kits.

Just thought I’d share that with you on this dreary Sunday evening

Cheers all
Boardman Team FS 2011

Never let your computer know you're in a hurry.

Comments