Help, shock spacers/washers, 09 Stumpy FSR and RP23

weeksy59
weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
edited January 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Right lads, one of the boys blew the fluid out of the propedal adjuster on his RP2 (maybe a 23, but i digress).

So, sent it off for TFTuning to sort out, which they've now done.

However, he seems to have misplaced/lost one of the mounting washers.

Sadly, i can't get the bloody pic off my phone, so can't post it. But from what i can gather they go over the mounting
bushes to give a decent fit/seal.

Anyone got one of these?

Cheers.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Contact MOJO with the shock info and make and model/year of bike and they can do the kits.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Also have a read of viewtopic.php?f=40043&t=12792339
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • weeksy59
    Thank you. I belive he has them. The washers are more to fit at the end of them spacers to give a neat fit into the spacer on one side and frame mount on other.

good link though :)
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    You probably mean the washers for the needle bearing on the lower bushing? I might have some knocking around... otherwise try Betd, they can sell you just the washers I expect.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • weeksy59
    benpinnick wrote:
    You probably mean the washers for the needle bearing .

I'll try and get an answer to that :) But i get the impression he has 4, top and bottom. He's heading to Newbury tomorrow to dealer to see if they have one... but if they don't we can't ride Sund. :(
  • benpinnick
    IIRC, I think the stumpy has a standard double top hat on the top, and a needle roller bottom, so probably doesn't need 4, only the two on the bottom (unless he's also short the top hats!)
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • weeksy59
    I'm guessing the little black jobbies on this

Specialized%20A%20links%2097-99%20(medium).jpg

or this lol

Specialized%20original%20linkage%2097-99%20(medium).jpg
  • benpinnick
    They're more complex that the ones on a stumpy. It's basically the white bits on this?

nbkrwc1575_200.jpg
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    You'll be lucky to find them by the way. Rare as rocking horse poo. Youd be best off ordering a new bush and axle kit. if he's only missing one off the bottom, it should be ok to run it without! Theyre not that structural. Just pack around the gap with grease to stop crud getting to the rollers. I'd avoid to many rides like this though. The needle rollers don't like grit and dirt.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    I had a look in the garage, I have 4 of the 2mm rubbery sort, not quite the FSR ones, but will probably do fine. Cant guarantee they'd fit as they are in theory .5mm too big, but I reckon they'd be fine. Also, as they are Betd ones, its possible that the inner diameter is different, but again I think its likely to be OK.

No chance to post them before Sunday, but if your ride happened to be in the Swinley vicinity, you'd be welcome to drop by (if you can be here and gone before 11:30).
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • weeksy59
    Hi Ben.... Will let you know later how he gets on in Newbury at Spec dealer. Funnily enough the ride is in Swinley yes.

Top man, thanks. :D