Moody and miserable anyone???.

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited January 2012 in Road beginners
Is it just me or is it when you can't got out on the bike for the constant rain (in Manchester) or Xmas things going on I tend to get withdrawal symptoms !. Happy New Year to all who reads this.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,170
    i've had wet roads pretty much every ride for weeks, plus rain on top of it a few times, i just ride in it, the main annoyance is having to clean the cack off my bike after every ride and probably grease the bearings sooner than i expected

suffering is good for road cyclists, that which does not kill us makes us stranger

yo ho happy new year
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    It's even more frustrating when you're halfway down the country for 3 weeks visiting family and haven't got your bike, yet continue to buy bike stuff in the sales, therefore just teasing yourself. Cannot wait to get back and go out on it or even just on the turbo.
  • gazman1
    gazman1 Posts: 77
    Kayo, haha i know how you fell with regards to manchester weather, where abouts are you in this wonderful wet hole if you fancy getting out sometime give me a shout and we could meet up, Gaz
  • I start to go mental after about four days if I can't get out/or on turbo - endorphine withdrawals!
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    "Your lucky...."

I haven't been able to ride for six months due to injury - put on loads of weight - feel tired all the time - desparate.

Que - Mony Python responses !
  • kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
    Gaz live in the wet hole of Chadderton!!!. Sounds good to meet up looking forward to 2012.
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    kayo74 wrote:
    Is it just me or is it when you can't got out on the bike for the constant rain (in Manchester) or Xmas things going on I tend to get withdrawal symptoms !. Happy New Year to all who reads this.

Get some wet weather gear and go out and ride your bike.

Constant rain is fine, dress correctly before leaving and its fine.
    South Wales has (and is very rainy) at the moment but its not stopped me riding - infact I enjoy it - that or go on the turbo :)
  • First time out on the bike since November due to my honeymoon and being away in Ireland for christmas. I've been doing a lot on the turbo but went out today and really struggled. Only done 20 miles, it took me 5 minutes longer and I realy felt it. Enjoyed it nonetheless and has given me impetus to make sure I get out every weekend.
  • gazman1
    gazman1 Posts: 77
    Kayo, yeah will be good to hook up i only live in dukinfield, what level are you at mate? I will PM you too mate.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,204
    I'm moody and miserable all the time but when I'm on my own on the bike it doesn't affect anyone else :wink:
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Had 3 punctures in 5 rides over the last week...and went to go out yesterday to find the sidewall of my new gatorskin had split :( ...
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    yeah, gatorskins - most misleading name for a tyre going :(
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    storm force 11 @ Dover... heaven knows I'm miserable now!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Phill B
    Phill B Posts: 71
    I can cope with the rain all day long, it`s the bloody wind thats killing my mood. Living in blackpool by the sea you would expect it to be a windy at times, but my god it has been seriously windy for about a year virtualy none stop!
    Hills hurt but sofas kill.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Just got back from a lumpy 50 and spent the last half in the granny ring battling a direct headwind on the top of the cotswolds (all hunkered down on the drops and faced with the dilema of standing up = more power but more wind resistance). However, I had the whole of October and November sat spinning on the turbo with a broken collarbone so I don't give a monkey's about the elements...just loving the fact I can get out and ride, yeah! :)
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Phill B wrote:
    I can cope with the rain all day long, it`s the bloody wind thats killing my mood. Living in blackpool by the sea you would expect it to be a windy at times, but my god it has been seriously windy for about a year virtualy none stop!

...just ride the other way....permanent tail wind...problem British weather? ;)
  • Phill B
    Phill B Posts: 71
    DavidJB wrote:
    Phill B wrote:

...just ride the other way....permanent tail wind...problem British weather? ;)

I keep trying to convince the missus that we need to move to spain but she is having none of it :(
    Hills hurt but sofas kill.
  • BigLee1
    BigLee1 Posts: 449
    Its the wind thats pissing me off too, far too dangerous to go out in 40-60mph gusts :(