Doobz Posts: 2,800
edited January 2012 in Pro race
Crash is about 1:40 - Video from Robbie McEwen

http://vimeo.com/34426314
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• shakey88
    shakey88 Posts: 289
    some good footage there.Would like to see more on board cameras in the big races.Gives you a real sense of how fast these guys are going and much work they're putting in
  • McEwen's electric motor is a bit noisy...
  • Doobz
    McEwen's electric motor is a bit noisy...

He mentioned after posting the vid that he had plenned on using it tomorrow but because of the vibration it causes and the noise it makes, he probably wont
    cartoon.jpg
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Doobz wrote:
    McEwen's electric motor is a bit noisy...

He mentioned after posting the vid that he had plenned on using it tomorrow but because of the vibration it causes and the noise it makes, he probably wont
    Allcameras make that noise it is just the wind, it is easy to edit it out, he probab;ly is not IT savvy :D
    He could mount the camera somewhere else also to dampen vibration.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    How is he going to Blame Cav for that one..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    ddraver wrote:
    How is he going to Blame Cav for that one..?

He has never quite recovered from being pipped to the line during the 2009 Milan-San Remo. Bless.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    I'm sure he was recovering fine until Cav decided he couldn't get past and ran into him several months later ... Cav is an excellent sprinter, and part of that is knowing how to fight dirty when necessary ... but endengaring your own, and someone else's chances in the focal point of the season for a Tour de Suisse stage is hardly a smart move ...

Hopefully he will suffer the same fate, wearing Rainbow ... Let's see how easy 'Project Green' (and Gold) is then ... 'That's bike racing' ... apparently ...
  • paggnr
    paggnr Posts: 101
    you poms need to get over yourselves given the crash was clearly Cavs fault. Why cant you accept that and move on. :P
    Cav is an awsome sprinter but we all make mistakes
    Cheers
    Pagey
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx
  • Doobz
    http://vimeo.com/34452571
    short vid, thought I had a slow leak then confirmed it when I nearly rolled tyre in right hander following an attack
    cartoon.jpg
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134

Hopefully he will suffer the same fate, wearing Rainbow ...

Classy... :roll:
  • TMR
    BigMat wrote:

Crankbrother's open hatred for Cav reminds me of another forum tool - Connoreymade. One and the same?
  • TMR
    paggnr wrote:
    you poms need to get over yourselves given the crash was clearly Cavs fault. Why cant you accept that and move on. :P
    Cav is an awsome sprinter but we all make mistakes

It's cry baby Haussler that needs to get over it, we 'Poms' are quite happy thanks :p
  • ddraver
    Blimey, it was only a joke boys!
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    17 year old takes them out in the 2nd stage...

2012baycrits_stg02_02_2__600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I'm sure he was recovering fine until Cav decided he couldn't get past and ran into him several months later ... Cav is an excellent sprinter, and part of that is knowing how to fight dirty when necessary ... but endengaring your own, and someone else's chances in the focal point of the season for a Tour de Suisse stage is hardly a smart move ...

Hopefully he will suffer the same fate, wearing Rainbow ... Let's see how easy 'Project Green' (and Gold) is then ... 'That's bike racing' ... apparently ...

Tit.

You need to watch that crash again but loose the rose tinted specs and the chip on shoulder first.
  • Crankbrother
    BigMat wrote:

Crankbrother's open hatred for Cav reminds me of another forum tool - Connoreymade. One and the same?

I don't 'hate' Cav ... I enjoy him being put in his place every now and again to remind him that being the best requires hard work and your fair share of luck ...

My 'quote' still stands ... Cav (nor the ultuistic idiots on here) could complain should someones 'over enthusiasm' take him to the ground HARD ...

The fact that you describe me as a 'tool' on the basis that I don't have an overtly nationalstic love of a complete stranger (to all if not most on here) says it all ... One can only hope you are not charged with bringing up children with such an attitude ... If you are, cancer and fast buses will hopefully save us from that particular gene pool ...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

The fact that you describe me as a 'tool' on the basis that I don't have an overtly nationalstic love of a complete stranger (to all if not most on here) says it all ... One can only hope you are not charged with bringing up children with such an attitude ... If you are, cancer and fast buses will hopefully save us from that particular gene pool ...

He called you a tool on the basis that you're clearly a tool. Your own retort added considerable strength to his case.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • See what you've done Ddraver! Jokes have no place in Pro Race...
  • Crankbrother
    RichN95 wrote:

He called you a tool on the basis that you're clearly a tool. Your own retort added considerable strength to his case.
    And your opinion was asked for when? And by whom?

I gave my opinion on 'pro racing' and had what I am assuming is a grown man calling me names ... I replied in kind ... Let's leave itat that ...
  • ddraver
    Err I PM'd Rich this afternoon as I wanted his opinion, thanks...
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    I knew the word before but never read the definition. Quite good actually.

A crank belief is so wildly at variance with those commonly held as to be ludicrous to many. Cranks characteristically dismiss all evidence or arguments which contradict their own unconventional beliefs, making rational debate an often futile task; this is the essential defining characteristic of the crank: being impervious to facts, evidence, and rational inference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crank_(person)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    I havent read this thread btw, just seen lots of quotes from Cr...er hence my post above. Hello.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Cav says hi.

610x-79-1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crankbrother

A fighter's belief is so wholly tainted by Spanish propaganda that he has now become a strict vegetarian and a wholehearted fan of true racing ...

(source. Takethemikipedia)

The definition of French, well we'll leave that to the rest of Europe (and Texas) ...
  • frosty99
    frosty99 Posts: 115
    shakey88 wrote:
    some good footage there.Would like to see more on board cameras in the big races.Gives you a real sense of how fast these guys are going and much work they're putting in

It can't be long before power metre data and gears from the electronic shifters are transmitted live, like the speedos that you see on F1 coverage!
  • huret
    huret Posts: 62
    Hausler is always crashing.
    Savoie between the Glandon and the Madeleine.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364

A crank belief is so wildly at variance with those commonly held as to be ludicrous to many. Cranks characteristically dismiss all evidence or arguments which contradict their own unconventional beliefs, making rational debate an often futile task; this is the essential defining characteristic of the crank: being impervious to facts, evidence, and rational inference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crank_(person)

Nice one FF! :lol:
  • Doobz
    frosty99 wrote:
    shakey88 wrote:

It can't be long before power metre data and gears from the electronic shifters are transmitted live, like the speedos that you see on F1 coverage!

They already are doing this.. At least Power/HR data/SRM is. Its not on TV but the SRM website has it for a few races.
    cartoon.jpg
  • Doobz
    First 45 seconds of todays race

http://vimeo.com/34496504
    cartoon.jpg
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    Doobz wrote:
    First 45 seconds of todays race

http://vimeo.com/34496504

I didn't see Hausler crashing? it's fake!

As for FF take on 'crank beliefs', I think 'ironic' is the best term to use.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails