A beginners 2011.

knownothingbozo
knownothingbozo Posts: 168
edited January 2012 in Road beginners
2011 will always be remembered (by me) as the year that I took up road cycling. Determined to get out and do something to get fit and control the middle aged spread, I finally got a bike in April. Starting with a robustly weighted Pinnacle, brought on special offer, saving £300 towards what would be ultimately expenditure of twice that (or more but who's counting) to end up with my pride and joy, a Ribble Sportive Bianco, weighing in at less than 8kg with pedals.
Along the way I have discovered that cyclists are mostly nice people, except when riding against the wind when they seem a bit miserable.
Hills sometimes feel like bumps, sometimes like mountains, but getting to the top always feels good.
The wind is a ***** and hates me.
Clothing doesn't have to be expensive to do the job.
England is a beautiful place when you have the time to travel by slowly.
Cleaning and fettling a bike is a good passtime.
I wish I'd started riding sooner.
Targets are fun, but riding for fun is more fun.
Bike radar is probably the most useful website on the planet.
1900 miles later, with love for cycling now deeply ingrained I'd like to wish everyone on bike radar, those who have provided advice, encouragement, humour the very best of wishes for 2012.

ps. apologies for being a dumbass and posting originally in wrong section.
Some people are like slinkies - not much use for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

http://knownothingbozoandhisbike.blogspot.com/

Comments