Swinnerton cycles

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited January 2012 in MTB general
Just wondered if anyone had used these off the internet as they have a £60 saving on the new Gopro Hero 2 which is best price i have found.

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    They are local to me, the Fenton shop anyway - which I believe also manages the web stuff. I'd have no worries buying online.
    If buying instore, i'd prefer the cannock branch instead.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    DodgeT wrote:
    They are local to me, the Fenton shop anyway - which I believe also manages the web stuff. I'd have no worries buying online.
    If buying instore, i'd prefer the cannock branch instead.

It isn't 2 different branches, it is 2 different businesses.

Used the one in Stoke a few times when I lived there 4 years ago, only ever had good experiences.
  • DodgeT
    Well you have Swinnerton Cycles and Swinnerton Cycles Forest Centre, each one run by one of the two brothers. You may be right, you may be wrong, not sure.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    DodgeT wrote:
    Well you have Swinnerton Cycles and Swinnerton Cycles Forest Centre, each one run by one of the two brothers. You may be right, you may be wrong, not sure.

I stand half corrected. A quick peek at the websites gives the impression of same family but different companies. Or maybe just different companies owned by the same (family's) company.
  • DodgeT
    T'is same family, I know both brothers. They both worked/ran the stoke store, then one branched off / left and started up the swinno's at cannock.
    Either way, the question of whether the online store is trustworthy (which I assume is what was really being asked), the answer still stands that they are. And looking at the sites, it is the fenton swinno's which is associated with the swinnerton cycles online store.
    Although you can buy online from bikechase too..

:D
  • Cheers people have dropped them an email
  • Only ever bought my bikes from the fenton shop, never had any problems ..... where you from then dodge t. ?
  • DodgeT
    The one and only, world famous weston coyney :lol:
  • DodgeT wrote:
    The one and only, world famous weston coyney :lol:

aaahhhhh , near park hall ?
  • DodgeT
    Yeah, quite often nip up there for an hour, some good drops and stuff to mess about on.
    You get to hanchurch much?
  • Used to, but due to work aint been further than bradwell wood and bathpoole , my new year resolution is to ride more......if the mrs and kids let me :oops:
  • cashy16
    cashy16 Posts: 83
    park hall eh!!! do swinno fenton have a website then?
  • DodgeT
    castlelad wrote:
    Used to, but due to work aint been further than bradwell wood and bathpoole , my new year resolution is to ride more......if the mrs and kids let me :oops:

Have to put yer foot down :D
    cashy16 wrote:

Haha, we keep away from the carparks...

http://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    cashy16 wrote:

yeah they do,
    http://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    Don't worry i've got a plan ! :wink: goes along the lines of "yes duck,no duck,three bags full duck !".

Surely parkhall aint as "dirty" as bradwell wood and bathpoole regarding the "outdoor types" ?. certainly an eye opener the 1st time i rode past a couple of fella's "gardening"........... :shock: