what did you get from Santa?

specialeyes
specialeyes Posts: 542
edited December 2011 in MTB general
So what bike related goodies did you get from Santa Cruz...Clause?

I got some lovely Sam Hill 5 10s.

The nipper got this
6454084541_f4225c1a7e.jpg
IMAG1217 by specialeyes, on Flickr

Feet just touch the floor lol. Gotta start em young! She loves it!

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    some superstar evo wheels, beautifully built with stans crest rims in white for my HT 8) bought myself a new 1x10 drivetarin too, so was all ready to fit it all when i went to remove my old rear mech and snapped the mech hanger :( what a numpty!!!
  • lawman wrote:
    some superstar evo wheels, beautifully built with stans crest rims in white for my HT 8) bought myself a new 1x10 drivetarin too, so was all ready to fit it all when i went to remove my old rear mech and snapped the mech hanger :( what a numpty!!!

Gutted! I'm eyeing up the pre built flows on evo's on offer for £220 a set. Around the same price as a merlin hope/flow rear!
  • I got a Merida hydration pack and tonnes of whiskey!

Was my birthday on the 21st and got bar ends, mudguards, base layers, trip computer and tonnes of whiskey! I'm a very simple man to please! Wait hang on! A very EASY man to please :)
    Riding a Merida FLX Carbon Team D Ultralite Nano from Mike at Ace Ultra Cycles, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton 01902 725444
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I got a go pro, a dakine nomad, couple of other bike related pieces of clothing and then some bits and pieces and alcohol :) My 21st on wednesday as well, so hopefully I'll get some money so i can afford to get my fork serviced etc.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Shmimano MT42 shoes.... Spd pedals ....... Just got to get the hang of 'em!!!
  • Mark909
    Mark909 Posts: 456
    Bender fender and neoguard. No more mud in my face! Going to treat myself to a new frame when I can make my mind up what to get
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    iPad 2 cash cpl of tops loads of booze ho and socks

Sent from my pad.
  • ilovedirt
    bellys wrote:

Sent from my pad.
    Do they not have punctuation on there? :P
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • I think you need flash for punctuation!
    Riding a Merida FLX Carbon Team D Ultralite Nano from Mike at Ace Ultra Cycles, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton 01902 725444
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    ilovedirt wrote:
    bellys wrote:

Sent from my pad.
    But ipads obviously useful for pulling a ho
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:
    bellys wrote:

Sent from my pad.
    But ipads obviously useful for pulling a ho

As is cash! :wink: so I hear....
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Bought myself some decent lights and a b&w zeppelin from the wife. A set of 1,000 miles socks from the kids as the last set only covered one 17 mile run before a mates dog eat them!
  • A Lezyne mini pump, three Troy Lee Designs jerseys, Altura waterproof/windproof gloves, Troy Lee Designs full fingered gloves, Camelbak Mule, two pairs of cycling socks a seriously bright rear light and yes, I gave everyone a list. Someone got me a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape instead of something mtb related - I can forgive that slip up. :P
  • Lapierre Spicy 316 :D Just off to give it its first blast at FOD on the DH tracks. Should be ace. It'll be my enduro/DH racing bike and I'll also use it for DH and freeride stuff.
  • evo3ben
    evo3ben Posts: 552
    MT Zoom carbon flat bar, MT Zoom bar ends, KCNC 90mm Stem, Ritchey foam grips giving a combined weight of 340g 8) and some Skins recovery tights for sore legs after training and racing.
    My birthday in just over a week so hoping for some more nice goodies.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Trip to drive around the Top Gear track in both a DB9 and an R8. I'm quite excited.
  • ilovedirt
    Lapierre Spicy 316 :D Just off to give it its first blast at FOD on the DH tracks. Should be ace. It'll be my enduro/DH racing bike and I'll also use it for DH and freeride stuff.
    Thank god for that, your carrera was nowhere near a downhill bike :P
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I got some Altura night vision tights, a Respro rucksack cover and Chasing Legends on blu ray along with some cash and the usual socks.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Socks, gift certificates to bike shop, new stem, new frame, a few small parts, new bar tape for my road bike and a few other bits n bobs. PLus lots of stuff for our new flat from my parents!
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    njee20 wrote:
    Trip to drive around the Top Gear track in both a DB9 and an R8. I'm quite excited.

Schweeeet.

I got some new bars and bar ends and an Edge 500 for post-crimbo tubby removal motivation.
  • Well santa had a very cycling sack for my family! - youngest got a 20" Jamis kids bike (hes 5), his brother got a 661 white and green FF Helmet, pads, gloves, new tyres and lights (hes 8 and has been watching too much Follow Me!) and me? well thanks to a Halfords 10% off everything web offer i got a Boardman team FS for £900 :-).... and as it was ex display i got a bit off for scratches - so got a giro helmet, conti tyres (for the 'bike to work' bike) and a shock pump got added to bring me up to my £1000 CTW voucher max (worth £145 without offers) so looking another way at it i got a Team F/S for £855 :-D BARGIN!!!
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    Only bike stuff this year was an X9 short cage derailleur and an Urban Hunter Keirin t-shirt.

slainte :arrow: rob
  • Gibbo GTI
    Gibbo GTI Posts: 98
    edited December 2011
    Santa didn't bring me any bike stuff this year so I bought myself this on christmas day lol.

GTForceCarbonExpert2010small.jpg
    GT Force Carbon Expert (2010)
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Lapierre Spicy 316 :D Just off to give it its first blast at FOD on the DH tracks. Should be ace. It'll be my enduro/DH racing bike and I'll also use it for DH and freeride stuff.
    Thank god for that, your carrera was nowhere near a downhill bike :P

This.

I got a new XC lid, and some new glasses after I busted the old ones by landing on my head too many times. I've also got around £200 in cash lying around now from a couple of gifts, earnings and paid debts so have decisions to make... HD helmet camera thingy? Alternatively I don't really need anything else bike related (except some new gloves) so maybe I'll get some new headphones, could use a new belt and a pair of shoes... put the rest aside for the summer when something inevitably goes wrong with the bike.
  • Gibbo GTI wrote:
    Santa didn't bring me any bike stuff this year so I bought myself this on christmas day lol.

GTForceCarbonExpert2010small.jpg
    GT Force Carbon Expert (2010)

That's very generous of you! :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Too add to the b&w zeppelin, I have just been given a couple of hundred quid, so bike shop visit is planned next weekend :)
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    having just seen a mates cracked boardman, its got me worried about my dear old hardtail, its getting on abit and due to its sentimental value (it was my first high-end mtb i custom built, its been on many a journey and in-numerous good memories) i am deeply worried for its well fare given its five years of torid abuse, i am thus thinking a black and slime green carbon 456 would be a much safer option, for me and my bike, as its just too nice and dear to me to smash up... im gonna be killed by the 'rents, but frankly i dont give a monkeys :lol:
  • ilovedirt
    I don't see why your kinesis frame would be in any imminent danger tbh, just keep riding it! If you do spot a crack one day or whatever, hang it on your wall and buy a new frame. But for now, I don't see the problem!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Not go much bike wise unfortunately :(

I did get a t-shirt saying 'and on the 8th day, God went Mountain Biking' which was nice :lol:

Umming and arrring about what wheels I want from Superstar though lol! Not sure if the extra £50 for a trizoid rear hub is worth it!