Computers

roflomusic
roflomusic Posts: 21
edited December 2011 in Road beginners
Greetings BikeRadar Nation!

I have yet another question for the masses.

I would like to get a computer for my ride. I'd like for it to tell me everything about my ride. The one thing I could probably do without is an actual map of where I am.

Suggestions on what could do the job? Websites I could look up?

I've been to Garmin and I like the Edge 500. I've been a few other places, but haven't fallen in love with certain products.

Thanks.
Robert Flores, musician/teacher
2012 Scott Foil 20

Comments

• DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Garmin 500. Nuff said!
  • If you're not bothered about HR/cadence then maybe the new Garmin Edge 200 will do thr trick? All ride data can be uploaded to their website for you to record and review rides etc.
    I think it's about £120, I was thinking about geting one mesen.
    Obviously if you want sensors attached then it's no good!
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I like the Garmin products, but if you are looking for a competitor so you can compare features/prices, there is also Bryton Sports who do a range of GPS cycle computers - http://corp.brytonsport.com/
  • Seen that entry level GPS one they do, gets good reviews and IS ant+ sensor compatible, so I might be tempted by the spec!
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Get youyrself one of these, you'll be able to go really fast !!!
    :lol:

6394759533_794417faf3_z.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Garmin 800 is fantastic, but to be honest, for the amount that I use the mapping, the Garmin 500 would have been a better choice. That's what I'd buy given the chance again.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • wyadvd
    wyadvd Posts: 590
    you can pick up the 605 dirt cheap. still available, but discontinued and pretty useful
  • I've just ordered a Bontrager Trip 5. I wanted a wireless unit with temperature as well as the usual data.

I use my mobile to record my rides for all the gps data/logging. If your taking an iPhone or Andriod phone with you, not much point buying a garmin.
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    garmin 500, or 200 if you don't want HRM and other ANT+ stuff.

i suggest garmin 500. brilliant bit of kit.