Ribble touch up paint

gunny_bedford
gunny_bedford Posts: 347
edited December 2011 in Workshop
Hi

i have just purchased a 2nd hand ribble frame, it the slightly metallic blue colour, and has a couple of cable rub areas, i was wondering if any knew if there was any specific touch up paints you can get for ribble bikes, or if anyone knew of a equivalent colour match from other paint ranges for that type of ribble frame colour ?

regards
Neil

Comments

• DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    Pretty sure I've seen this discussed elsewhere and I took notice as I have the same frame. I think the outcome was that Ribble didn't sell it and the best bet was a closest match in nail varnish for small touch up repairs.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Ribble may be able to provide a paint colour spec / RAL code that you coud buy from the likes of Halfords. Alternative, just buy a touch-up paint from a shop
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    @£90 purchase price new the blue Ribble frame ,which is presumably what you've got,is the Transit van of the cycling world and the purchasing of a touch up paint for this frame is needless extravagance.
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    sturmey wrote:
    @£90 purchase price new the blue Ribble frame ,which is presumably what you've got,is the Transit van of the cycling world and the purchasing of a touch up paint for this frame is needless extravagance.

Even van drivers have pride ;)
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    I had the same issue a few years ago with my first bike - a grey boardman.

Had to match it in halfords myself - even sent an email to and got a reply back from Mr/B himself.

I guess in the world of vain cyclists - if manufactures made easily available touch up kits - then people would buy less new bikes - I mea, come on be honest now - how many people as soon as they scratch a bike think... time for an upgrade :)
  • The closest match you can find in a car touch up is Ford Focus Q3 Imperial Blue ( 2003 ), at least that is what Ribble told me.