Roadie in need of assistance

Jonathand257
Jonathand257 Posts: 21
edited December 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi,

Im a keen roadie who has dabbled a bit with Mtb'ing (gisburn dirty dozen enduro, few trails). Im looking for a MTB bike to keep the training up in winter - My mate is selling his Cannondale F4 caffine hardtail frame, avid juicy disc brakes, rock shox front forks, mint condition (never been used on trails - just roads and bridleway).

What sort of price am i looking do you think, i obviously understand Cannondale are a top brand, but whats the model like. I used to have a Jekyl (Lefty)

Cheers

JC

Comments

• Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Would say £300 to £350 is a fair price...have a look on ebay for a gauge.
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Seconded, check out ebay, remembering if you bought from there you'd pay P&P/travel, and if he sold on there he'd have selling/listing fee's and possibly paypal fee's.....

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ...and that buying it off a mate you know the history of the thing properly, which shouldn't be underestimated. On the other hand if it turned out to be a pup and snapped the first time you took it offroad, it could cause a situation!
  • How much is your mate asking for it?