Campag Chorus 2011 v 2010 Rear Derailleur

skyblue337
skyblue337 Posts: 135
edited December 2011 in Workshop
Hi,

I've got some 2011 Chorus levers and I'm pondering whether to pair them with a 2011 or 2010 Chorus rear derailleur. The 2010 model is about 25% cheaper but I know there were some changes between 2010 and 2011 (not least in black finish) and wondered if there were improvements in shifting - I'd read somewhere about a stronger return spring in the 2011 models but I can't find that info again. Also there is a compatibility chart at the back of the Campag 2011 spare parts catalogue which suggests for "Full Performance" you need 2011 shifters and rd's (but then they would say that).

Cheers

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Should make no perceptible feel - the quality of the shift is down to the shifters and the cables - the mech is purely a 'slave'. Been mixing and matching components between model years for donks, regardless of what the official line is.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Thanks for the reply. My concern is that it'll nag at me if I don't get the 2011 model, however silly that seems. I found the post I was thinking of for future reference (hope it's not against the rules to post a link to another forum) - there are some images of the new spring mount in the thread

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90118