Battery Pack Replacement

doyler78
doyler78 Posts: 1,951
edited November 2011 in Road buying advice
I need a LUU battery pack made up as they are no longer produced however the light is still good, though now I only use it as a backup in case my trusty AYUP goes t1ts up.

Is there anywhere that I can get a battery pack made up?

I have the original batteries (a 2 cell and 4 cell) that are both as dead as a dodo and I'm now down to my last battery pack (2 cell).

It's a lithium ion battery using samsung SDI 952 ICR18650-22F battery cells.

Comments

• infopete
    infopete Posts: 878
    Judging by your part numbers your battery pack is just made out of 18650 batteries, cheap as chips from Dealextreme :)

And if it turns out they are not you could buy a torch to put them in.
    Oh and please remember to click on my blog:

http://americanbicyclegroup.wordpress.com

The more clicks I get the higher it creeps up the google radar :)
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    infopete wrote:
    Judging by your part numbers your battery pack is just made out of 18650 batteries, cheap as chips from Dealextreme :)

And if it turns out they are not you could buy a torch to put them in.

I was already thinking of just getting a torch for the helmet but it seemed a shame to not use the light I have but I'm guessing it will probably end up cheaper just to go torch route.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    What voltage was your last set? If they're in the region of 3.8v or some multiple thereof then li-ions are your best bet and as infopete said dealextreme is the place to go. Get a charger while you're at it (a good one prolongs the battery life) and ebay do plastic battery cases and the like. Play-doh do a good line in plastic pots just big enough for a pair of 18650s that'll keep the water off.
  • infopete
    infopete Posts: 878
    Oooooops yes, you'll need a charger :)
    Oh and please remember to click on my blog:

http://americanbicyclegroup.wordpress.com

The more clicks I get the higher it creeps up the google radar :)