Mavic Yksion Clinchers

Sammyw23
Sammyw23 Posts: 627
edited November 2011 in Road buying advice
Anyone using the Powerlink/Griplink Yksion clinchers by Mavic?

Just got a pair on my Cosmic Carbone SLE's and cannot find any feedback on them online so interested to know if anyone is using them.

Cheers
Cervelo P3
Bianchi Infinito
Cannondale CAAD10

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I love Mavic wheels but I'd not know how to ask for them in the LBS.

How exactly are we pronouncing this one ?
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Yee-kee-sion

Then you make some more kung foo noises, wave your arms about and scare the sh1t out of the staff
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    :D:D
  • I'd pronounce it "ick-shun" personally. Kinda like "action" but with a "i" sound at the beginning instead of the "a.
  • Sammyw23
    Sammyw23 Posts: 627
    Powerlink on the front, Griplink on the back

Sounds like these are very untried!
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • fizz
    fizz Posts: 483
    I bought a set of Kysrium K10's that came with these tyres on. I did about 900 or so miles on them. I dont like them, they dont give very good feel or feedback and the wet weather grip wasnt very good and it felt like the front was going to slide all the time. Be careful when they are new and I almost the front on the first corner I went around with them fitted they seem very slippy when new. I didnt find them confidence inspiring at all.

I've replaced them with a set of tried and trusted Continental GP4000S and the Conti's are far superior IMHO.

I'd not buy another set of the Mavic tyres. IIRC they are made by Vittoria, but I dont recall which Vittoria tyre they are based on or similar to. They oughta be OK I just coudlnt get on with them and I was never sure how much grip I had when turning into corners.

HTH