Which components would need changing - Montague Navigator

hambo
hambo Posts: 49
edited November 2011 in Road buying advice
I'm pretty much set on buying a Montague Navigator folding hybrid bike (well 80%) as it seems to tick most of the boxes in a bike that I am looking for. However, as a novice I have no idea if the components are any good or not. So I might get the bike shop to change some if necessary. So this is the bit where I need some advice.

Is there anything from the specs that you see as quite poor so that I can research and look into other components I can suggest. Reliability in a bike is my number 1 choice over performance like speed etc and I can't seem to find reviews on lots of the components so hard to judge.

This is a link to the bike http://www.montaguefoldingbike.co.uk/uk/2011_folding_bikes/pavement/navigator
click on specs and it's all there.

Comments

• hambo wrote:
    I'm pretty much set on buying a Montague Navigator folding hybrid bike (well 80%) as it seems to tick most of the boxes in a bike that I am looking for. However, as a novice I have no idea if the components are any good or not. So I might get the bike shop to change some if necessary. So this is the bit where I need some advice.

Is there anything from the specs that you see as quite poor so that I can research and look into other components I can suggest. Reliability in a bike is my number 1 choice over performance like speed etc and I can't seem to find reviews on lots of the components so hard to judge.

This is a link to the bike http://www.montaguefoldingbike.co.uk/uk/2011_folding_bikes/pavement/navigator
    click on specs and it's all there.

Reliability is in the maintenance, rather than in high spec components. I would invest in tools rather than flashy bits... nothing wrong with the current specs
    left the forum March 2023
  • hambo
    hambo Posts: 49
    Thanks Ugo, I will look into a decent bike maintenance course as well hopefully sometime next year to help with it all.