Hi from newbie in Cumbria

baxboy
baxboy Posts: 19
edited December 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi all, i was into mb about 15 years ago and recently moved to Keswick Cumbria. So I've just ordered a whyte 901 2012 bike to get me into it again as my old diamondback is light but no suspension!.
So thanks for a great forum and any experience of the 901?

Comments

• Can't say anything about the 901 but you've moved to probably the best area in the country to use it :D
    When you go to the ground you are in my world. My world is the ocean. I am the shark and most people don't know how to swim
  • bonezy
    bonezy Posts: 129
    The 2011 901 is top class, quick, light and stiff. Everytime I ride it I think I've reached the limit, yet it just keeps on surprising me. It's been ridden through the sandy filth at Cannock to the wet stuff at Llandegla and it has never let me down. You'll have a blast on it :)
  • bonezy
    bonezy Posts: 129
    FYI, the 2012 901 is reviewed in the latest What Mountain Bike magazine. They give it four out of five stars and really like the value for money, as well as how it handles on the trail.
  • baxboy
    Cheers guys :D
    Yeah iv'e read the review and am pretty pleased.I was advised by a mate of a mate who lives and breaths mtb on the 901.
  • baxboy
    Just come back from a 3hr ride!.(knackered but still breathing)
    Getting my fitness levels up slowly. I'm loving the bike and had forgotten how good mtb is.
    Tested my new clothing(3/4 attack,gore softshell,sealskin gloves and socks)and didn't get too hot/cold.
    Very happy chappy. :D

Funny thing was i nearly dropped it going up a high kerb :oops: