How to unclip

Liam 2010
Liam 2010 Posts: 101
edited November 2011 in Workshop
Hi

I'm looking for any advice on how to unclip my shoes from my pedals, but my pedals aren't yet on the bike. Yes, in hindsight a silly thing to do, to clip in while the pedals aren't attatched, but I wasn't thinking at the time.

The pedals are ultegra spd's and the shoes are s-works road boa's, if that's any help.

Is there a quick or easy way to do this, or do I have to attacch them to the bike then unlclip them? The shoes are new you see, so I'm kinda reluctant to do this because looking at the angles I might well damage or scuff the shoes.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Liam

Comments

• teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    If you can get hold of some pipe that the pedal axle will fit into then that may give you the leverage to hold the pedal whilst you unclip your shoes. You could just put the pedals on your bike, i dont see how you would scuff your shoes though doing it this way. If you attach them then put the pedal to the bottom and let the shoe spin upside down then it shouldn't get caught on anything as you unclip them...........
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Honestly, the easiest was is to put the pedals on the bike, your feet in the shoes & unclip as normal.
  • Thanks guys. I'll give it a try.