Noise when front wheel rotating

Kerrmit1992
Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
edited November 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys,

While cycling home from work yesterday i noticed there was a weird rattling coming from my front wheel, I recently had my front forks replaced under warrenty as they had "disintegrated" according to my LBS, Anyway, the noise from the front wheel is a similar kind of sound you would get if you were to spin the wheel and touch something up against the spokes, if you know what i mean? i had the wheel off today and couldn't see anything touching the wheel and it wasn't my brakes either as i had to stop my pads rubbing on my rotors and couldn't see anything there.

Any help would be awsome! its doing my nut in!

Thanks
Craig
Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Take the wheel out, hold the axle and spin. Still do it?
  • Hi mate,

Just tried that after reading your post, and i was surprised to discover that it didnt make a sound, upon closer inspection i noticed a part of the brake caliper ( A part that isn't supposed to touch the rotor) was rubbing off the rotor, when the bike shop replaced my front forks they hadn't put my caliper on correctly and when its been sitting in the staff room at work it might have been nudged and knocked my caliper out of alignment with the rotor :) it is now aligned :P ... Thanks for that mate :D
    Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!