Help !!!!!!4 bar mtb suspension. Boardman FS

scuabadivingman
scuabadivingman Posts: 4
edited November 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm hoping the expertise on the forum can help. I've recently purchased a 2009/2010 Boardman comp FS frame as a winter project. I intend to strip the frame, paint and renew all the suspension bearings prior to building up using half decent parts. Here's my problem I have dismantled 50% of the suspension and removed the allen bolts from one side of the lower swing arm pivots ( 1 by the rear hanger and 1 by the bottom bracket) the remaining 2 bolts on the opposite side just continue to turn! I can not see how to remove the lower swing arm!! Although this is a Boardman frame I'm sure other MTB's with 4 bar rear suspension must be similar. Also does anyone know if Halfords can supply me with a bearing/ suspension kit and for roughly how much? All help much appreciated.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you presume too much.

thez can be very different in construction.

so when you trun one of the allen bolts doe the part it threads into turn? look at the side with the bolt out.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • It certainly does!
  • Sorted!!! For future reference if anyone has a Boardman FS . The sleeves that the bolts screw into simply drift out and it does not take a lot of effort, a couple of sharp taps is all it takes!! I was a little apprehensive at first as I didn't want to risk any damage but all's well that ends well.