P*ncture Fairy Playing Games.

Duffer65
Duffer65 Posts: 341
edited November 2011 in Road beginners
Went out this morning and all was going fine, and then my back wheel felt a bit off. I stopped and saw that my tyre was going down, so I got out my pump and put some air in and road to a quieter spot and had a look, it had gone down again. Took the tyre off checked the tube, pumped some air in to see where the p*ncture was to patch it. Weird thing is that the tube seemed ok, so I put it back on the bike, put some more air in and rode home with no problems. I've pumped it up to the correct pressure with my track pump and it's not gone down! Very odd. :?
Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!

Comments

• Valve open ?
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Think the fairy flew over to me - 3 yesterday in 50 miles - however the day was so nice that I amanged not to swear too much.
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    Had a similar experience recently - turned out to be a small split in the tube at the base of the valve.
  • Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    Dunno, what it was/is. I won't be using the bike during the week so I'll see if the tyre goes down, but at the moment it's fine and it's been a few hours since I got back. I expect Wiggle have something to do with it.
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • See I was right - Haribo in the valve jamming it open.