Hi all from a noob in the peterborough area

JonnyB_UK
JonnyB_UK Posts: 13
edited November 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone,

Just a quick introduction thread to Ummm introduce myself Haha!

I live just north of peterborough and at the moment mostly use my bike for commuting but I'm looking to venture off road and take in some trails etc.

With that in mind I bought a Cube Acid and I love it! Now I just need to bring my skills upto scratch. So as my first taste of off roady type action I'm off to take in the trail over at wakerley woods this afternoon.

No doubt I'll be on here fairly regularly bleating about bits and bobs that I've broken or need help setting up.

Cheers guys!

Comments

• Well what a comedy adventure that was! I ended up at fineshades wood, did the family trail and the skills loops, then took a wrong turn and ended up on a muddy monster incline, turned off down a side track only to become bogged down in mud and gracefully toppled over as I couldn't get out of my spd's!
    All in all a top afternoon out!
  • Afj
    Afj Posts: 9
    Hi if your on Facebook search for peterborough mountain biking club we have a mix of beginners and experts and regulary meet on Sundays for local trails or a trip to fine shades and wakerly and then every few months we go further afield. There are actualy quite a few hidden gems trail wise. Alan
  • Cool, I'll have a look see. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Pedant mode on.

A noob is basically a dickhead. A newb is someone who is new to something.

Don't be so hard on yourself, newb. ;)

Pedant mode off.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Haha! I guess that means your giving me the benefit of the doubt!
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    I live 2 mins from both Fineshade and Wakerley and also just getting back into mountain biking.

I did the red route round Wakerley on Friday, good ride for us beginners. Only fell off once due to 10" of mud and me only going around 10mph.... haha

Ryan
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop