In a box...

R8JimBob88
R8JimBob88 Posts: 285
edited November 2011 in MTB beginners
Yes, at home right now is a big box with "chain reaction" on the side of it! :D Only 3 hours left 'till I finish work....

I've ventured over from the light-side, or is it now the dark-side? From road cycling. Hopefully there will be a nice shiny Ghost AMR 5700 in the box. Cant wait, last time I owned a mountain bike of any description was about 15 years ago.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the bike I have bought? I know bugger all about this strange breed of bike. I'm looking to ride trails, I live 10 mins from the peak district so there is plenty to go at. My mate has been MTB'in for years and has eventually talked me into giving it a go. I borrowed one of his bikes last weekend and loved it 8)
If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Decent enough bike - hope it fits!
  • Soooooo? How's the bike????

Can't make a post like that and not follow it up with pics!!!
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • No idea but it looks nice! Was very easy to set up, just attached the handle bars and job done! There are far too many little knobs, switches and twisties, no idea what they all do! Road bikes are far more simple.

It's been raining all evening so I haven't even taken it outside yet. A bunch if my mates are going to Glentress tomorrow too and I can't make it :(

I'll get some pics up when my Internet stops fannying about!
    If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    As you know they bed in - so you may have to make adjustments soon. Remember to check boltd regularly!

As for suspension, we have some basic guides in the FAQ. Or if you don't have the manuals, they are often downloadable from the manufacturers website.