shimano/ campag together

mattwarin
mattwarin Posts: 49
edited November 2011 in Workshop
Hi,
I've also posted this road beginners, which I am, but thought this was probably a better place for it:
I'm currently building a bike, transfering bits from my old bike to a newframe. I'm wanting to swap from flats to drops but keep the 10 speed wide ratio cassette on the back. Would campag veloce shifters work with a deore shadow rear mech? And a sora front mech?
Thanks for your help,
Matt
Mountain bike - genesis altitude

Road bike - 80's steel saracen audax frame

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    mattwarin wrote:
    Hi,
    I've also posted this road beginners, which I am, but thought this was probably a better place for it:
    I'm currently building a bike, transfering bits from my old bike to a newframe. I'm wanting to swap from flats to drops but keep the 10 speed wide ratio cassette on the back. Would campag veloce shifters work with a deore shadow rear mech? And a sora front mech?
    Thanks for your help,
    Matt

It would, with the use of a Shiftmate.
  • cheers mate
    Mountain bike - genesis altitude

Road bike - 80's steel saracen audax frame
  • mattwarin wrote:
    Hi,
    Thanks for your help,
    Matt

Should be no issues at all with the front mech - I use Mirage Ergo "QS" type levers with a Sachs New Success mech and the shifting's fine even though I'm on a non-QS front derailleur.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal