2011 Yeti 575 Build Help Cable Routing

tjdixon911
tjdixon911 Posts: 110
edited January 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Me and my mate a huge amateurs when it comes to building bikes, I have successfully built my Hustler so we thought we would have a go at his 575.

Anyway, we have pretty much something that resembles a bike but we had issues with the rear mech cable route, this is internally routed through the rear triangle (I think new for the 2011 bike), we initially thought that the outer cable would route through, we tried this going front to rear, it didn't seem to fit, so we stopped the outer cable at the point of entry and started it again at exit, the gears didn't work, it got late so we left it.

When having a rethink on it, we thought that perhaps the outer cable would pass through if we passed it through from back to front, does anyone know if this is the correct route?

The Yeti manual we downloaded didn't seem to help...

Any help, much appreciated

Comments

• Hey guys, I have just received my 2012 575 frame build and the bike shop who built it were still unable to route the rear mech cable housing. I have decided to try it myself and by routing it from rear to the front I am able to get it so close that I can actually see it through the front hole. There is such a bend in the chain stay right at the front though, that I cannot bend it enough to come out of the hole.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Try routing an inner cable through, then running the outer using the inner as a guide.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yea I tried that cooldad, I tried using the cable to pull it in line once it got near the exit as well but it just couldn't move it enough. Thanks.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bummer only other thing I can think of is to train worm or caterpillar.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    cooldad wrote:
    Try routing an inner cable through, then running the outer using the inner as a guide.
    maybe try threading a spare inner through the reverse way, see if you can get the outer through like that
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • cooldad wrote:
    Bummer only other thing I can think of is to train worm or caterpillar.
    Quality! :lol:
  • I have tried that as well chez, I'm afraid. Still searching for a solution.

I also emailed yeti tech support to see what they come back with.