Panic Fridays

MountainMonster
MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
edited October 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Morning all,

up bright and early as usual, look at the calender and realize 2 things:
1. I have my German exam tomorrow for visa purposes, which I had completely forgotten about, so today will be filled with much cramming of studying for that.
2. Clocks go back an hour tomorrow night, in case anyone forgot.

On top of that, today will be filled with going to the bike shop, picked up my wheelset yesterday, and now need help getting a stubborn casette off, which was able to break my chain whip last night. Then pay off the rest of my debt to the shop, and be happily on my way, finally with disc brakes on my bike. Various bacons and cooking procedures will be happening today as well. Fun fun.

Enjoy your day guys; hope it's better than mine.

Comments

• 2. Clocks go back an hour tomorrow night, in case anyone forgot.
    No they don't. It's Sunday morning :P [/pedanticness]

Morning!
    Well, i've managed a morning of 6am starts, and, I don't feel too bad to be honest. I think I need a few lie ins over the weekend, and learn to go to bed a little earlier during the week, but I'll get there.
    Hopefully work won't be too bad today. It's been gettin me down a bit at the moment as I'm gettin pushed into a corner with some issues, and nobody throwin me a stick to help me out. Ah well.
    Hopefully weekend will consist of a bit of riding. Thinking Lee Quarry on Saturday.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Morning vermin! 1 hour 25 mins of work left. Then home to a nice curry and can of Stella quick hour on the bike and into bed and back to work tonight to do it all again Tonight. On the plus side get to work with the nice blonde care assistant tonight. Shame she is married but can have a look at her arse :-).
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Morning folks, been up since 4.45 this morning with the little one although she's gone back to sleep now but im still up browsing 'tinterweb. No work today currently on my 6 days off ( i work shifts ) hoping to go out on bike today providing weathers not too bad! Looking forward to getting ruined tomorrow night! Not had a drink for a few weeks.. :wink:
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    day off for me (last minute request, boss wasn't happy)

heading into town for forza 4 and possibly the new batman.

the evening will be spent in weston watchinhg my friend in a musical.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Exes and Double-exes.

It's Bacons day, and sitting here, that's all that matters.

Somewhere, a pig died to to have its sweet flesh delivered to me. Who am I to deny a pig its destiny?

That aside, I can hear caffiene calling me! Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning fweaks

Couple of lectures, then off home for the weekend. Brother's birthday today so I'll buy him a present on the way to the station.

Was hoping for a weekend of bikes but that hockey ball has fucked my knee up nicely and I'm still struggling to move it and walk on it let alone cycle.

Anyways laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Friday = work followed by pub (though family pub time = 2 quick pints & home)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

had a nice ride around forest of dean last night. in work today, nothing to do! might try and sneak off early and head up to cwmcarn 8)

i'm already hungry though and i can see the burger van from my office window...hmmmm..bacon anyone? :lol:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    speaking of panic i need to do pretty much all my homeworks that are in for next week plus some revision. this always happens! at least i didn't leave it all for sunday
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Morning all,

TFI Friday. Only 3 1/2 hours until I escape for a weekend.

No World Cup Rugby to watch but there is a Grand Prix.

I can see a night of beer and pizza ahead.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    jay12 wrote:
    speaking of panic i need to do pretty much all my homeworks that are in for next week plus some revision. this always happens! at least i didn't leave it all for sunday

ah but then you probably haven't started yet and will most likely get distracted by farmer john :roll:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Morning. Another day of meh, cough, hack, cough. Had an armful of blood removed yesterday and it still hurts.

Woke up this morning utterly convinced it was Saturday, wishful thinking I guess.

Oh well. Bacons in the fridge so all good.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Today is also panic friday for me. I'm trying to sort out a problem with my forks after a monumental servicing screw up yesterday. I'm hoping thta it's just too much oil in the damper but it might not be. :?
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    workmeh, gym induction, sofa, sleep. Not the best Friday in history, but I'm going through a period of good sleep so I'm not arguing!
    Have to go out in hunt of tights for Saturday night at lunch. What joy.

Kisses
    Foxc
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Today is a day of lazing and daytime TV untill I find a job...good look with the exams especially MM as Basil used to say "don't mention the war"
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning womb wands...

tis a great morning, been away on biking jollies with the lads for the past 3 weekends, feeling a pang of guilt I offered mrs P a weekend away in a posh hotel with spa, pamperings etc etc...

She said that she would rather spend the weekend mountain biking, so off to wales again tonight for more biking shinanigans rrrrrrrrrrrrreeesult!
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • pilch wrote:
    Morning womb wands...

tis a great morning, been away on biking jollies with the lads for the past 3 weekends, feeling a pang of guilt I offered mrs P a weekend away in a posh hotel with spa, pamperings etc etc...

She said that she would rather spend the weekend mountain biking, so off to wales again tonight for more biking shinanigans rrrrrrrrrrrrreeesult!
    She's a keeper :wink:
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Morn Slags

Full day of work for me, then packing for wedding in London tomorrow

First weekend away me and the Mrs have had in about a year, so looking forward to that

Plus i have two 4 day weeks coming up - get in
  • jay12
    jay12 wrote:

ah but then you probably haven't started yet and will most likely get distracted by farmer john :roll:
    i'll most likely get distracted by pictures of your mum
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    mornings all

today is a relaxing friday so no panicing peter this end.

i am aching after the second full body strength session, but its a good ache. I feel like i have started at the beginning again, low sttrength levels, but i am really concentrating on form so the ache is good.

3 boiled eggs for breakfast have left me full, PROTEIN!!!!!!!!

today is sorting out the material needed to create a full on mumy outfit for tomorrow nights sub-basement party (two levels below street level no one can here you scream! hehehe)

Just been outside to see my bosses Van Nicholas, very very jealous, i want!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    welshkev wrote:
    had a nice ride around forest of dean last night.
    Jammy twat.

Morning Missing Links,

Today we're off to see peeps we know over near Windsor, which is a better than a kick in the teeth. Will do a quick nightride in the woods tonight so looking forward to that even if you can do the whole lot in about half an hour.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    jay12 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

i'll most likely get distracted by pictures of your mum

Jay, you're 12.

Oh, then again, that's what 12 year olds do isn't it? Haven't had one for a while.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Hopefully you won't have one again... :shock:

The knuckle on my right hand is slowly turning green. When it's developed into a bruise, I'll show CWNT what one really is ;):lol:

Moral of the story kids: Don't punch doors when angry.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Morning homos.

The waterproof cover for my cast has finally arrived.

It's a sad sign when the highlight of your week is the ability to take a shower :cry:
  • jay12

It's a sad sign when the highlight of your week is the ability to take a shower :cry:
    i bet your used to that
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    !!!Whinge alert!!!

Feeling emo today - rubbish week with no particular prospect of a good weekend in sight. Can I borrow someones Chemical Romance Album and a razor blade please?

The highlight of my week so far has been empire strikes back on the telly! Starting to question this whole expat cr*p!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Morning Maggots,

It's Friday, the sun is shining and I am at home, so I'm happy.

/win :¬)
  • Back from Israel this morning - Luton AP is sh*te big time.

Work then slope home for a go on the bike and then I'm off cycling.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    ddraver wrote:
    !!!Whinge alert!!!

Feeling emo today - rubbish week with no particular prospect of a good weekend in sight. Can I borrow someones Chemical Romance Album and a razor blade please?

The highlight of my week so far has been empire strikes back on the telly! Starting to question this whole expat cr*p!

your only about 15 miles from rotterdam, there must be something to be doing?!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    ddraver wrote:
    !!!Whinge alert!!!

Starting to question this whole expat cr*p!

how long you been over there? when i was in tenerife the first year was like a bit of a holiday, then it started to sink in and i wanted to come home, but then after about 18 months it was like, cool, i live here now :lol: