It's Innerleithen Enduro time again!

NorthwindNorthwind Posts: 15,475
edited December 2011 in Downhill, freeride and 4X
http://singletrackworld.com/2011/10/dat ... -released/

Just signed up for the next Innerleithen MTB Racing enduro- this one's got a twist, there's only 2 stages but both get run twice. Once in the afternoon, then again after nightfall. Both stages should be proper technical, challenging riding, more for the big AM bikes than the DH bikes though but it's the sort of thing where you can wear a full face without feeling like a knobber.

Should be fantastic... Get in while you can ;)
Uncompromising extremist

• NorthwindNorthwind Posts: 15,475
    Went and rode one of the 2 stages today, it was pretty damn wet and made for some pretty interesting riding. So good I had to go back and do it again :lol: None of it is on any of the maps either, apart from the 10 feet of fireroad. Will be ace, and no picnic in the dark
    Uncompromising extremist
  • NW the amount of panty creaming you do on the interweb for these inners enduro events is really quite amusing :D

And by my count there are at least 5-6 enduro trails that have been cut on the hill in the past 6-18months so you can't actually know which 2 will be used in 3 weeks time. Even though I'm sure you think you know...

other than that how was it yesterday?
    Yeah I know, I'm such a spammer :lol: They are great events though. I think only the no fuss enduro dh has beat them for me. Proper riding. Knowing which trail will be used is just a question of asking the right people btw...

All pretty muddy as you'd expect... Glad the Classic isn't in the race, the bit just above the red isn't really any fun when it's this muddy and the steep bit after the black would be carnage :lol: The one with the tractor tyres is in better shape, slippy but not swampy, mostly. The one that comes down Taniel Hill was running lovely though, just a couple of bits of proper filth. Oh and the one off the xc climb that runs past interstellar was proper slippy, I'm hopeless at that one :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
    Incidentally, videos of both routes are now on Icycles facebook page- Steve D's done a great job. But if you're thinking of practicing, do be aware that stage 1 (the one which isn't on the DH trails) is currently partly closed, presumably to allow the muddy sections to rest before the race. But the harder part up top is still open and riding lovely.

Stage 2 (which is picked out of mostly easier downhill lines) is a big old thing, crisscrosses the hill and full of variety. Couple of bits will test the unwary I think, I did think from the video that it was easier than previous stages but now, I'm not so sure.

Still spaces left and just a week to go. Dust off the lights and the big bikes (and maybe the mud tyres) and have a blast.
    Uncompromising extremist
    Well that went well :mrgreen: Did anyone from on here make it along? Great day out, very silly but a huge success. Mud and rocks and roots and steeps and jumps and crashes and darkness, mint.

Helen announced another 2 dates, in January and February, natcherly I'll spam them closer to the time- don't know if they'll be day-and-night or all daylight, guess we'll see.
    Uncompromising extremist
    And as promised- further spam. The Alpine Bikes Winter Series used to be a series of 3 DH races, but this year they've joined forces with Innerleithen MTB Racing to produce a more varied series- one enduro, one day-and-night enduro, and one traditional downhill race.

http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com/

£30 for the enduros, £60 for the DH race, and you can get £10 off for booking all 3. As ever, Steve does not make easy courses ;)
    Uncompromising extremist