Anthem X4 pivots

james-m-h
james-m-h Posts: 85
edited October 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
im looking at geetting my giant anthems pivots serviced and just wondered if anyones had this done and and how much it cost, im too lazy to take it down to my lbs for a quote as they estimate it will take hours as there buisy and ive searched the web to find nothing :(
thanks
James
road- Trek 1000
XC trail anthem X4
school and shops- orange P7 single speed

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    So phone them.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    My LBS charges £90 in labour to service the pivots of a multi-link bike like the Anthem. Then you'll need the bearings on top of that, which cost between £30-£50
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Buy these Giant Anthem bearings and do the job yourself takes a couple of hours and all you need is a selection of sockets, some washers, nuts and a length of M5 studding. A hammer and a drift might also be useful :lol:

Did my mates and after a year they were totally tossed some were rusted solid some of the bearings get sprayed by muck not good design in my opinion they should use bushings in vulnerable spots particulary when some of the bearings have hardly any movement.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • cooldad wrote:
    So phone them.
    i was going past so went in but they said to give me a quote i needed to take it down
    road- Trek 1000
    XC trail anthem X4
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Then I'd say they are the wrong shop to do it. If they don't know what the job entails, they've probably never done it before. For a Giant dealer it should be routine.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • change mine about twice a year. i use my bike all year round use my local bearing shop ( online bearings) takes about 20 mins costs about 40 quid
    anthem x with many upgrades
  • just been down i only the one pivot/bushing so there gunna do it in a few days.
    Thank you for all the help
    road- Trek 1000
    XC trail anthem X4